i have a couple of months off in june/july/august, so i was thinking of being a snowboard bum somewhere with snow and with a good nightlife. new zealand and chile come to mind, though i haven't ridden in either places. any suggestions? sort of looking for a tahoe, whistler, vail atmosphere.

Australian resorts can be fun also. Maybe a road trip checking out Perisher and Thredbo in NSW basing yourself in Jindabyne and Falls Creek, Mt Hotham and Mt Buller in Victoria.

Originally Posted By: snotrag
sort of looking for a tahoe, whistler, vail atmosphere.

Argentina - Bariloche; Las Lenas
Chile - Valle Nevado

Would highly recommend travelling around both countries and hitting the resorts big and small.

Posted this on another forum:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52984&highlight=south+america

Snotrag, I believe there is an area in Ishikawa, Japan that you can ski from July, infact it only opens from June or July until about October because before and after these times there is too much snow to be accessable. Not sure where I read that, but definitaly read that somewhere in one of the ski mags.

Don't know if it's any good and if anyone else has been there. I believe it's in Ishikawa, but could be wrong, although it's certainly in that part of Japan, they get 18 metres of snow.

Anyone know where I am talking about? Or anyone heard about this?