Hey I just bought a new burton board and I went to Sports Deport to order some new 3 hole plates for my Kissmark bindings but the guy at the store said that kissmark don't make 3 hole plates! I'm not sure if he was just being unhelpful, but is this true? Would I be able to use another brand's plates? If not I guess I'll be buying some new bindings.

Ride Teams or Burton Mission?

thanks for the help

I ride Burton Missions. They are very good bindings.

They also have an amazing guarentee, i broke a base plate in Tignes last year and just rocked up to the local Burton dealer and the replaced it free of charge. Nice \:D mad.gif

My previous bindings were missions. Good no BS bindings. I'm riding drake matrix this season and they're like being stuck to the board with sloppy poo. \:\( I'm probably gunna go back to Burton missions next year.

I bought the Drake Matrix this season and couldn't be happier. Mine are nice and stiff and respond well! Wish I had of bought them years ago! \:\) .

Victor, I believe Kissmark is a Sports Alpen brand (could be wrong- sure someone will correct me) so you could try one of their stores. You could probably use another plates just check they match.

Sakebomb, I think you're right about the Sports Alpen Shops marketing the Kismark gear. Last time I was in their shop in my city, Kissmark was about 80% of the stuff they sold. I'd be surprised if Kissmark didn't do three hole baseplates.

I wish Burton would stop inconveniencing everyone by being the only manufacturer using a three hole stud pattern.

My matrix bindings are stiff and responsive too, but only at low speeds. If I'm going flat out (when you want the control) they get real sloppy, not a good feeling. It feels a bit like bad heel lift but I'm sure its actually the binding baseplate flexing off the board. Other complaints I have about them are:

1. they're heavy

2. the screws come loose easily and I've had to locktite them up.

3.The sliding foot bed covers the baseplate screws and makes it a pain in the bum taking the bindings on and off.

4. 2 or 3 times the ankle strap rachet has actually popped and released by itself. (never had a binding do that to me before, ever!)

5. Basic bad engineering ie; locating steel locknuts in plastic components. When you tighten the screws that have loosened, the nut just chews the plastic seat out and spins freely making it impossible to tighten.

That's cool yours have worked out for you but I'm a bit dissapointed. \:\(

They're not this year's model but the year before. So that'll make them the 2003 model I suppose. So you reckon they sorted all the problems out, hey?

So they should, making bindings is all Drake do, you would expect them to do a better job.