Things you really want to buy but know you can't....

Howdy everyone! I just got to thinking, it might be fun to start a thread on what you would buy if you had a substantial amount of cash lying about the place with nothing to do. Lets avoid the "I would save the money for my kids" or other such fine examples of thrift. And lets make it actually realistic, say if you saved for long enough you could actually buy the item.

I'm sure everyone has a list of items that are always just out of reach because of financial constraints. So, if you could afford it what would you buy? 3 items only!

Let's wishing!

1. An expensive sportsbike like a Ducati or even a Bimota. > AU$30,000

2. A set of top of the line Roland TD-20 V-Drums. about JP¥500,000

3. A Meade RCX-400 telescope. about AU$17,000

1. A nice, modest cottage in a secluded coastal area. Somewhere right on the beach if possible.

2. Ditto with a cabin in the snow somewhere.

3. I'll save this one until I;ve seen what other suggestions people have!

1. A ski chalet!

2. ohhh...I know! A sexy car! I have to drive the minivan because I have 4 kids. I want a sexy car. If money was no object I would have BOTH. A sexy car for me to drive and park on a dime, and the 7 seater that parks like a mac truck to get the kids from a to b.

3. hmmmm...not sure - have to get back to you. These are the only two "if only's" I have had of late.

1. A Death Star

2. A chalet on the Planet Hoth - all snow covered

3. Immortality

Number four would be a 'Mini-me' (just for the heck of it!)

1) Mercedes-benz Unimog

2) A mountain between Jouzankei/Sapporo Kokusai and Kiroro (preferably with a house on it, but if not I could just live in the Unimog...)

3) Pisten Bully snow cat with all the grooming attachments

1. A luxury 40-ft or so yacht

2. A block or two of apartments from which the rental income is enough I never have to work again

3. Can't think of another specific thing right at the moment. The above 2 would make me pretty damn happy

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
1) love

2) sex

3) a real life

* ditto on mini-me \:\)

1)Money can't buy you love, CB, at least according to the Beatles.
2)It can buy you sex though. Though its not as good as when you've earned it ;\)

3)And usually people pay for a fake life cos their real one sucks, whats the deal here, CB! \:\)

1. Fully soundproofed underground bunker with 10K soundsystem and Chris Jordan originals on the walls.

2. Helicopter

3. Private hot spring hooked up to bath and snow clearing system

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
1. Fully soundproofed underground bunker with 10K soundsystem and Chris Jordan originals on the walls.
2. Helicopter

thats 4 things....

Ill have to get the Swedish Au Pair snow clearing...

Surely any underground bunker needs to be suitably equipped and decorated?

For number 3, I was going to say "better mtb than stemik and fattwins, just to piss them off".

...its not the bike that makes the person :p

rather than buying anything, how bout winning a few million dollars and retiring? Time is money; I just dont have any time...thats why I said no life warhawk. Buying sex is something I would never do, hence its up there too. Im exhausted.

Anybody else out there just freaking exhausted today? \:\(

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy

Anybody else out there just freaking exhausted today? \:\(

Yep. In a crusty mood too. I'm hiding it well but it might come out when I get in the car. shifty.gif
 Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
2. Helicopter

One of soubriquette's schoolmates has a log cabin in the woods, with a sound system that came out of Sendai concert hall. Thate take up one wall. The remaining three are stacked floor to ceiling with cds and vinyl. He's pretty rasta for a 60yo rice farmer.

No3 agreed. I envy those who can simply pump hot water out of the ground and heat their houses and clear their snow.

A Porsche GT3 for my track car.

Porsches have always been my Dream but after fanging around Suzuka yesterday full throttle I know I NEED one.

(now I just have to wait for my fav 15 cent stock to hit 10 bucks!)