Thought I'd share some of the pictures we have taken during the first two months of our three month visit to Hakuba and Happo. Enjoy!

contender_27.jpg

contender_11.jpg

contender_7.jpg

contender_10.jpg

contender_2.jpg

contender_20.jpg

contender_19.jpg

contender_18.jpg

contender_17.jpg

contender_1.jpg

contender_14.jpg

contender_13.jpg

contender_12.jpg

contender_16.jpg

contender_30.jpg

contender_29.jpg

contender_26.jpg

contender_25.jpg

contender_28.jpg

contender_21.jpg

contender_22.jpg

contender_23.jpg

contender_24.jpg

contender_9.jpg

contender_15.jpg

One month left and hopefully we will have some more nice skiing here in Happo!

Did I see you guys at the top of the ski out from the north face off Happo after the creek crossing? the first 2 dudes have pontoons, then there was a blonde chick and another guy with long hair on a pair of Volkls?

Its a bit different then asking where to drop in!

There is no way you can ski all the line out there in the valley, it is quite frankly too big. All the stuff people look at also has sick backsides that get tons of snow!

Originally Posted By: janus77
Did I see you guys at the top of the ski out from the north face off Happo after the creek crossing? the first 2 dudes have pontoons, then there was a blonde chick and another guy with long hair on a pair of Volkls?

Probably, we skied a north face with two guys and a girl from norway some days ago. Both guys had pontoons.
 Originally Posted By: Fattwins
This one is a nice one off of the south facing Avie Gates.

contender_11.jpg

This is a place Id like to know where it was shot?
contender_14.jpg

I dont remember exactly where it is shot, its from january. But I know its down to 47, either straight down below the cable or just after the cable and maybe halfway down.
 Originally Posted By: SerreChe
Sweet pics. How does it compare to europe for you contender?
I like the superman crosses creek pic.

There is probably more easier access to sick terrain in europe, like chamonix. But Europe is too crowded with people that wants to ski pow. We have done 3 months in Whistler, Canada too and I feel like I get to ski alot more powder here in Hakuba.

The great thing with Whistler is all the avicontrol and all the really sick inbound terrain.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. Now thats badass, keep it up. No doubt some of the best work I have seen done in Haks. Good skiing, good pix, you have had yourself a great trip. This is how its done right.

It figures, the sweeeeds come to town and rip things proper.

I give it up to you! dozo thumbsup.gif

Ok I know where the picture is then. Last season those rocks were not covered in snow so it looked more like a chute.

What kind of camera are you using? The guys snapping has a really good eye.

Ive actually seen you guys out there now that I know what your gear looks like!

Atleast 90% of those pictures are taken with a Canon 20D. A few is taken with a 40D and I think one is taken with a P&S Canon. Lenses used are a Sigma 70-200 and Sigma 10-20 for the jump pictures.