I thought 12 roses was a lot.

Quote:
An Iranian court has ordered a man to give his wife the 124,000 roses that he promised in her dowry, after she filed a complaint to claim it, reports say.

The woman said she was claiming the dowry because her "very stingy husband" would not even pay for a cup of coffee, according to the E'temad newspaper.

The court has seized the man's flat until he produces all of the roses.

Under Iranian law, a woman can claim her dowry, or mahr, at any time during a marriage or when getting divorced.

The gift becomes the property of the wife to do whatever she likes with.

It is required in order for the marriage contract and the marriage itself to be valid.

According to E'temad, the woman, identified as Hengameh, decided to claim her entire dowry of 124,000 red roses after 10 years of marriage to "punish her very stingy husband".

"Shortly after marriage, I realised that Shahin was very cheap," she told the newspaper. "He even refused to pay for my coffee if we went to a cafe or restaurant."

How do I say stingy in Japanese?

In fact, how do I say absolutely ridiculous?

What on earth is she going to do with all those roses? They die within the week!!!

She should have asked for diamonds! 'Specially for putting up with such a tightwad for 10yrs!

Quote:

How do I say stingy in Japanese?
In fact, how do I say absolutely ridiculous?

stingy けちな(kechina)
absolutely ridiculous = 全くばかげけいる(mattaku bakageteiru)