I wanted to throw this up so we can share pix. I don't have any but a few of you were taking shots all day. I know some people were talking about keeping in touch for sharing cost, riding together. So if you want to throw up a post so people can PM you and connect handles with faces.

Yes, I finally did! After 20+ years of hitting the stashes, it was about time. The instructor did say it was the European way of doing things: Emphasize experience, then if you are still alive after many years, take a course to see what you have been doing wrong. ;-)

Originally Posted By: SerreChe
Just got back from Haks. I took quite a few shots.
I'll try to post them tonight.

Was good to meet Oke, King, + the others whose handles I cannot remember (Gomen).

Just got back! You lucky man.
 Originally Posted By: SerreChe
Actually not so lucky...
Yellow sands from the Gobi + high temps = like riding cement before it sets... Thick & heavy & unpleasant molasse.

yes, I skied 2000m of the yellow sand on monday. It wasn't so bad up high but terrible in lower elevations. Stupid Chinese sand!

Hey, does anyone know where you can DL that scare tactic video about the Montana guys... I wanna show a buddy. Mike said it was on their site, but I can't find it for the life of me....

oh sorry, just found it..... forget it.

Ok, I uploaded a bunch of pics here:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo_section.php?userid=SerreChe&userGallery=196

Feel free to link any into this thread and comment them.

Things you'll be able to see:

Kamoshika, lazy tracks off the north side of Happo, our hike near Hyodorimine, Norikuradake, Korengesan, + other peaks, People digging pits, people searching & digging during their avalanche simulation, massive east-facing slide off karamatsudake, etc...

Enjoy.

Dave the guide and designated trail breaker

SerreChe_343.JPG

Lines on north face of Happo that I had to look at all day. thanks guys, you know who you are cry.gif

SerreChe_348.JPG

More of the same mad.gif

SerreChe_349.JPG

But it was a nice day for a hike

SerreChe_351.JPG

Looks tasty down there

SerreChe_354.JPG

Cut this cornice 3 times but it just wouldn't drop.

SerreChe_355.JPG

Our only pow turns for the day cry.gif

SerreChe_363.JPG

Dave spitting snowpack knowledge, really good part of the course.

SerreChe_365.JPG

Roustch block 6 = good stability

SerreChe_368.JPG

Multiburial Scenareo #1

SerreChe_371.JPG

We found him he's alive

SerreChe_374.JPG

Probe line for gaper who wasn't wearing a beacon

SerreChe_375.JPG

Great pix SerreChe.

Thanks for linking/commenting these Oke, been a bit rush last night.

Kuma, I think his is grey :-)

Sorry, had the tail most of the time, so most of my pics are from the rear, although it did not apply for the simulation I guess.

I like Kamoshikas...

Saw 2 on the way up the gondie, missed the pic.

Saw 1 from the ridge before we dropped in.

It was a bit far from where we were:

SerreChe_359.JPG

This one looks really chubby and enjoying the sun.

SerreChe_361.JPG

Looking towards us. Thanks for cutting the slope buddy:

SerreChe_360.JPG

For those who missed it (was quite a bit away from where we were and had to zoom in) this is the slide off Kaerazu on E facing slope.

SerreChe_358.JPG

The following day I saw a lot of instability on similarily oriented slopes.

On monday had planned to drop into a E facing slope off Goryu and we had to turn back because of a snowpack that involved multiple nasty crusts as well as facets/goblets, not to mention that the weather caught up with us as well.

The Tsugaike area was very stable the day before. A reminder that things can vary dramatically depending on the mountain & orientation with just a few hours difference.

Some nice pics, actually it'd be cool if SJ released a calendar with a selection of some of the pics that are posted on the forums, there are some real slick pics there!