Does all this 3L Goretex etc really make the difference

I believe the only difference between paclite and XCR is the weight of the outer fabric. However you may want to check gores web site.

For under layers up top I go with a silk weight, mid weight base layer, then a mid or light weight insulation layer. Followed by a gore-tex shell or soft shell. On the legs is some stretch polar-tech followed by a gore-tex bib. Mix and match depending on the weather and activity level.

PAc lite = very light.

XCR = light.

We are talking differences in weight at about 400 to 700 grams. Plus a pac lite really can get small. A pac lite though isnt as durable as an XCR gortex jacket. I really want to save my pac lite and buy a new jacket but I dont have as much money as you king!

You have to remember I am junior scum and I'm not all that wealthy! Plus there has been some serious wealth transfer from me to the Hakuba region, centering on Rappies...

Anyway, it looks like the Arc'teryx jacket I really wanted is basically sold out worldwide, so there's no rush to order in time for my friend to pick it up in the states. I'll have a good think about it.

I have wanted the sidewinder for like 3 seasons now. I just can't pull the trigger. Stuff is expensive! I will need a new base layer next season as well. After getting into BC more I realize some of my stuff is just not going to cut it.

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
King call me and ill put you in touch with a friend selling one here for 30000 yen or there abouts. color is black and is your size.

I totally appreciate the offer of the hookup, but I just can't bring myself to wear black... I know it's ridiculous, but I just have to have either green or blue stuff, much like you need to wear purple... I know, I know, I should be mocked for turning the BC into a catwalk, but I just really like blue and green.

Please feel free to mock me as I deserve!

I am already in the process of changing uniforms next season for piste riding! My fish camo will go on sale online next season!

Just buy the hardware jacket at rappies cause the sidewinders in good colors are pretty much gone!

King, if you order in the states, for a few beers', can use my moms address. Stuntcok and I have done that, as well as a few other of my mates. Im also going home this summer and bringing back a ski bag so could bring it back then or you could pay for shipping.

• 4 weeks later...