Well, at least it is flurrying here in Misawa.....(snowing sounded better) I took a gander outside about 20 minutes ago and sure enough, flakes were falling. Actually, with the 45knot winds, they were more like shooting. Ahh, hopefully winter is here to stay \:D

Just got back from the foothills of the Hakkodas. Lots of snow coming down in the mountains! We found a road that branched off from the highway and just followed it up the mountain and toyed around in this years first real snow in the area. I took quite a few pics but have yet to download them. May do that here in a bit.

Looks like this is the beginning to a beautiful season \:D

Two pics from today.

Once we got a couple of km up the road I mentioned in my previous post, we came upon some cabins that were boarded up for the winter. They sat right on the mountain side and had spectacular views. They would be so easy to get into and stay a night during the winter, but the road is really sketchy and narrow and was slippery even with a light dusting of snow. We drove another 5 km up the road to the top of the mountain which was really cool. There was approx 10cm of snow up there just from today. Not much, but a start and we were probably only at 700-800 meters elevation or so.

l59818.jpg

For the surfers - the waves were really starting to kick up today. This was taken early this morning down the road from my house. Weird mix of SE and direct E swell. It's supposed to get a lot bigger tonight and tomorrow. I've still got a week or two before I'm back in the water again though. Hopefully Hakkoda will have opened up by then, however, and I can put the surfing off until late winter.

l59819.jpg

~~~PS - had some problems posting to the web so a bit late...