TR: Our trip to Japan (Hakuba, Shiga Kogen & Nozawa)

Originally Posted By: tripitaka
 Originally Posted By: thursday.
change may not be inevitable, but when it comes and comes rapidly, locals will feel that they have missed the boat or feel hard done by with foreigners milking the cash cow that perhaps had always been there but not exploited.

I find that almost laughable. The locals made a killing during the bubble era. The foreigners are picking up the pieces from the drunken orgy.

yes, go ahead, you're obviously the expert.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to read that. One day I would like to get to Hakuba, Shiga Kogon and Nozawa Onson.

Quote:
We’d both like to check out Nisoko while they still at least understand the Japanese language there

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Journey Man
Cool TR! Thanks.

How about basing yourself out of Asahikawa next time? Very few people so virtually no Gaijin and the lightest pow ever...

Whats Asahikawa like as a city/town in terms of jobs and stuff. I've often thought of getting out of dodge in the future and looked at places in Hokkaido, obviously Sapporo as its the biggest city and will have more jobs but Asahikawa interests me due to its proximity to quality ski fields

good write up lads, hope you don't get too glum looking out the office window at grey old London!

I like the write up of your trip. There are quite a few things I can relate to from our time their.

The Japanese Hospitality... awesome. They made us feel so welcome, and also the part about it being a shock to the system. When we arrived into Sydney after a day without sleep, only to have some rude Yugoslav-Australian treat us like we're idiots, I felt like jumping back on the plane and heading back.

If you want to read about another place, I'll do a write up (if I haven't already) on our trip to Furano 2 weeks or so ago.

Sounds great UK friends. Next season I am going to do something more adventurous than what has gone before (Niseko)