Watched the Oscars on tv last night - well video-ed it and watched the bearable parts (Jon Stewart) etc. No Country got the best pic, heard lots of good things about that.

(Daniel Day Lewis is an excellent actor, but wft is with the earring hoops. What a blouse he looked!)

Best film

No Country For Old Men

Best actor

Daniel Day-Lewis

Best actress

Marion Cotillard

Best supporting actor

Javier Bardem

Best supporting actress

Tilda Swinton

has anyone watched the No country for Old Men?

I hated it. I switched it off before the half way mark, just a pile of nonsense. I didn't get it, wasn't interested in the story. Who actually picks each winner? Does anyone know on what criteria they base their picks?

i thought it was an awesome film. the cinematography and styling were brilliant, and it was amazing how they sustained that brooding tension throughout the whole movie.

i thought it was a well deserved win

I watched there will be blood.

It kept skipping around, not sure if thats my dodgy download or the original movie. Its supposed to have a weird structure so very hard to tell. I thought the guy who played Ethan(?) the priest was quite poor. I later found out he got the part at the last minute. Very dark and confusing movie, I think you have to watch it at least twice.

In the name of the Father is quality. Kinda get into a rage with the injustice of it all.

My Left Foot is good as well, Daniel Day Lewis plays a handicapped kid who can only control the movements in his Left Foot. There is a great scene in it where he plays football in the street, he gets put in goal and saves the ball with his head!! lol.gif A bit of a lighthearted scene in a serious story