After sitting out Saturdays skiing to have an onsen with baby Hannah, I really wanted to go for a ski on Sunday. I met my good friend Janus on Saturday night and wanting to keep the group small we hatched the Happo plan.

The shock on Sunday morning in the lodge was that everyone was going to Happo too! Shocked really! Knowing that the mountain was only going to open up 1/3 of the terrain do to wind. We had to start thinking early. Top that off with every other mountain opening up almost nothing and you get a very busy Happo morning.

Ended up being me Janus and my old friend Damon today. I did ditch my SJ buddies (sorry guys, but heck you ditched me for a whole month!lol laugh.gif \:o laugh.gif)

The plan was hatched and after a bit of stunt driving (thats a whole other TR) we made it to Sakka right at the opening. I felt like I was back in Canada on a Powder day! Locals and mates were everywhere! I turned to Janus and said man we are going to have to think fast today!

Got off at the top and headed into some great thigh deep trees! sick turns and considering Janus hadnt made a pow turn in more than a year he did well! (He is a ripper actually so when you are good it come back fast)

Then it was time to start thinking... Think about where to go to get fresh tracks. Also figure in the wind which people werent doing to which I say "thank you". After 6 runs of bottomless, uncrowded powder we met up with stunts and Dan to do a run. Great pillow line which to my surprise everyone let me do first! Sick I love going first! Pillows and face shots.

Got off the chair and went to a steep short line that had a few tracks, but heck it was a transfer line. See the key point of the day was to get in where the crowds were then get out! Had some pizza to recharge the engines and back out we went. I thought maybe my favorite trees in Happo had been hit, but nope, not at all. 1pm and not a f>>>>>>ing track period! Lets say that again, 1pm and no tracks. This on the day all the locals came out to play! The first line was insane pillows and an open gullie. The second line was as many pillows as you wanted! The third liene was really only pillows. Then a 4th was a long ridge to pillows and the last line was just a bunch of pillows. Never once crossed a track nor even saw an old track. Finally called it a day at 4:30 just spent and done riding sick pillows! My best day inbounds at Happo in a long, long time!

Fattwins_174.jpg

missed the shot I need a faster camera!

Fattwins_181.jpg

a little pillow

Fattwins_180.jpg

janus on yet another pillow!

Fattwins_179.jpg

Janus loving the storm

Fattwins_178.jpg

Loving the meadows

Fattwins_177.jpg

Nice meadow

Fattwins_176.jpg

Damon heading in

Fattwins_175.jpg

Damon eating snow

Fattwins_170.jpg

Janus eating it!

Fattwins_167.jpg

Damon dropping in!

Originally Posted By: Kingofmyrrh
I didn't hear Ewok snoring... was I snoring on Saturday night? I don't normally but I was so full of good wine and good food that I might have made an exception...

that's because you were passed out myrrh, in fact you where too passed out to feel anything. ;\)

Yes it does. Unfortunately it seems that now I have it the muscles/tendons are all sensitive, and any skiing is going to set it off - on Saturday we barely did any skiing and certainly nothing strenuous that had me jerking around, but it was still pretty agonising on Sunday.

I am just going to try and heal it up with anti-inflammatories and ice, and then try and keep forward forward forward from now on so that I don't make it happen again. You, Stunts and Dan have all given me hints which while I knew in theory was good to be reminded of, so should be able to make progress. Probably best not to overdo it when it hurts like crazy, as this Sunday and the Sunday before, when I was out with you, the pain meant that good technique was the last thing on my mind.

Anyway, it's certainly not going to prevent me continuing to have an awesome season.

Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
 Originally Posted By: Kingofmyrrh
I didn't hear Ewok snoring... was I snoring on Saturday night? I don't normally but I was so full of good wine and good food that I might have made an exception...

that's because you were passed out myrrh, in fact you where too passed out to feel anything. ;\)

Were you testing that theory about English men Tsonda?

Ok when I used to get this problem it was for a few reasons.

over tighten boots

HAir pulled out.

back seat landings

mogul back seat sking

What I did. I used big maxi pads! yep the biggest ones that a girl could ever think of using! stick them in your boots when it hurts and you will feel 40% better!

Shinbang doesn't last a week so I wouldn't worry to much. Don't run or anything. The biggest cause of shinbang is landing flat back seat even off a small jump. Did you land on the table on any of those jumps on Sat? That will be the killer.

FT, first I hear about the vasaline on you nipples and now the maxipads in your boots. hmmmmm....

My brother-in-law also uses the largest sanitary pads he can put his hands on. Has been using the system for years while trying several other things but he keeps coming back to the pads. It is cheap and it works.

My sister doesn't want to be seen near him when he buys the things, because even after explaining his story everyone looks at her (so she says)

gomen nasai tson and king, i might have snored since i was exhausted..

last week was tough, final adjustment at the end of the fiscal year.(ザ・言い訳 eek.gif frown.gif

thanks cb, i just need some sleep and re-charge myself.

ft, what does vaseline do to your nipples? Just curious.