For those in a mood for starting an avalanche without being in harm's way, here's a little link that allows you to do that. Which type of conditions will create the most destructive power? The little house in the prairy is about to getted walloped !

http://science.nationalgeographic.com/sc...ml?nav=FEATURES

Have a go. Some other avie stuff there as well. Enjoy!

I agree, still a good start.

I always thought of an interactive game where you see a mountain face, given previous weather conditions etc and then have to pick your line up and down on that face. If you make a mistake you trigger an avie. Would be fun and educative.

How have you been anyway Sanno, have not seen you on the forums in a while. still moving around? Roaming the slopes in Europe?

It's not exactly a game, but the Canadian Avalanche Centre has an online course with some route-finding activities. They give you weather conditions and avy hazards, and you plot good lines up and down the mountains.

All in all it's a decent resource. No replacement for a hands-on avy course, but it's a good start or refresher.

not really roaming around Europe. I settled down near Amsterdam, so I nede to change that soon. Snow and mountains almost seem a thing of the past. But in 2 weeks from now I will do a trip to either Macugnaga hoping to ski the Marinelli couloir or catskiing in Macedonia. It will be for an assignment so someone else will make the final decision.

Thanks for the link Telematt.

Quite an extensive course.

I remember going through it once a while ago.

I will actually take my RAC this w/e as well (hopefully).

Sanno,

How can you live so far away from the snow and survive?

Marinelli has a nice scenery and some sick vert.

I assume you are going to do the heli drop?

I have always wanted to explore the Monte Rosa region actually which I believe is not too far.

oooops, that's true, did not realize that until you pointed it out SJForums. I used that link on sunday and it was there. Maybe Telematt edited it, although there is no little script at the bottom of the post saying it has been edited.