The OFFICIAL "Sick as a dog" thread

The flu this year is particularly strong. In the US all 50 states have been hit hard and the vaccine this year didn't match the strain. I got this thing on Thursday and by Saturday, it kicked my ass. Montazuma paid me a visit, my nose is stuffed up, sore throat, body aches...I feel like complete sh*t. To make things worse, I had to get on a plane from Boston to Osaka yesterday - air travel in this condition is the most miserable. Anyway, that's my whining - anyone else sick?

CB, I'm only here until Friday. It's good to be back in Kansai...I know I've landed in Kanku when they pat me down at customs. At Narita, you could be smoking a spliff in front of the customs officer and they'll just wave you thru.

Slowly getting over this illness, resting most of the day and nabe dinners are helping.

Mine was the worst...

39-40 degree high fever stayed on me for a week... frown.gif

I was suffering from intense headache and severe chill for three nights in my room even though I was taking medicine the doctor gave me. I was so exausted when I visited to the doctor third time and he told me the symptoms were caused by bronchitis after a blood test and xrays... I had to stay in the hospital, antibiotic and saline drips in the morning and afternoon for five days, was sleeping next to 95years old lady.

This is why I missed Hakuba SJ party...

This experience made me think about things in my life... I really appreciate doctor, nurses, my parents and friends. However I was so upset about my boyfriend's behavior...

I hope you get well soon, SJA. smile.gif

woah! that sounded terrible slow, hope you a feeling better now.

My winter has been hell for colds and flu....not me though: my family

Son #1 has had one flu-ish episode and and two really bad colds. (daycare is a breeding ground for sickness!).

son #2 has had 2 or 3 bad colds - the worst a fever of 40 for 5 days followed by Roseola.

The good wife has been struck down twice.

I have had a minor cold, touch wood I dont get a bad one.

I have lost count and really hope no-one else gets anything else!