Oops. Did I make the chat box go boom!

• SnowJapan Admin

It is a browser issue, some browsers just don't like the chat box when it gets non-ABC characters in it. Only a small number, but enough for us to want to ask people to just keep it English. Thanks.

SJF, why not get your super geeks to simply bounce the post? It should be simple enough to do it at the browser where you can pop up a message box saying something like "Oi! No naughty characters. You bad.". That way you could trap all the non roman characters from whatever language.

• SnowJapan Admin

Well we can put it on the list. Super geeks are currently rather busy doing other things, and like I said it hasn't caused too many problems and so it's not too urgent. Good suggestion though thank you.

Originally Posted By: Journey Man
Offtopic warning!

SJF, is there a thread where Chat Box issues, policy, etc are discussed. I can't find an open one.

chat box issues, yes here.

Policy, not really a discussable topic, but the velvet underground "Snow in Japan" thread is full of rebel activity.

I was going to suggest that some of the "better behaved" members could be deputised (DSJ1, 2, etc) so the Chat Box could be "open all hours" to make it more useful in other time zones.

Of course the term "better behaved" counts most of us out, but there must be someone out there who isn't bad to the core...