renshu, renshu, renshu. difficult to learn, even more difficult to teach. flat(ish) run, make sure ya stance is centered, short(er) board and not too much speed.

once ya get tha hang of `em they are great fun and look impressive- good luck with `em t.boy.

also known as ground tricks (using your snowboard like a butter knife?/ being smoothe like butter?/summin like that)

i agree with the power dude..

practice start and end of every run, end of every day.

i love just mucking around doing it, but rarley see others doing the same...until spring when everyone is in a larking mood.

Check out the vid "Like Butter". It's not big on names, but the guys on it are really good. It looks like they made it at one of the snowboard summer camps.

You may even find it online.....

man am i stoked!!...i learned how to do butters today...can do bs 180 to heelside manual to fs heelside butter to 180 out...i just sat there watching these expert japanese dudes doin them for like 10mins tryin to get the motions of how they were hitin them...then i just started doin it...cool!!

i was at a place called yeti...near fuji...its a small run only 1km but its something to mess around on until the main event...plus its only 1.5hrs from where im at so its the closest place besides indoor snova shinyoko.