Lately, i have been finding insane stuff at the local recycle shops here in Japan. I have bought nearly brand-new boards for a pittance.

I got a Morrow Todd Richards (for a noboard) with a flawless base for 2000 yen, an Option Kevin Sansalone (with crappy bindings) for a friend for 8000 yen, and the creme de la creme, and rare Burton 7, handpainted by Jason Brown himself, with Burton Freestayle bindings for 5000 yen! I may never buy new hardware again...

(and lets not forget the BIBA hats for 500 yen a pop!)

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
Lately, i have been finding insane stuff at the local recycle shops here in Japan. I have bought nearly brand-new boards for a pittance.

I got a Morrow Todd Richards (for a noboard) with a flawless base for 2000 yen, an Option Kevin Sansalone (with crappy bindings) for a friend for 8000 yen, and the creme de la creme, and rare Burton 7, handpainted by Jason Brown himself, with Burton Freestayle bindings for 5000 yen! I may never buy new hardware again...

(and lets not forget the BIBA hats for 500 yen a pop!)

Good work. I go to the Book Off recycle shops but I imagine there's better gear up your way. I have heard that the Chiba branch is good though.

Japan is awesome for 2nd hand goods, they often get rid of an appliance after 1 or 2 years, its nearly new!! I love Hard Off (Book off's sister shop, honest!!) it has loads of bargains. I picked up an Airwalk 157 board and (shite) bindings for 4000¥ which was a perfect xmas present as a start up board for my wee bro

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Japan is awesome for 2nd hand goods, they often get rid of an appliance after 1 or 2 years, its nearly new!! I love Hard Off (Book off's sister shop, honest!!) it has loads of bargains. I picked up an Airwalk 157 board and (shite) bindings for 4000¥ which was a perfect xmas present as a start up board for my wee bro

It's called B-Sports I thought.

I found a good one in Yamanashi, they sell second hand skis, boots, etc all checked, and cleaned before they sell them.

Can send the link later if anyone is out that way and wants to give the shop a look.

Originally Posted By: thursday.
I like to recycle whenever I can.

But Tubby, giving your bro a board from a second hand shop as a Christmas gift???????

whats wrong with that??!! Sure if I was made of money I would've got him a new one, but I'm not and now he doesn't have to shell out every time for rentals.

Also I dunno how much you spend on your family members (kids not included) but I spend usually just a little more than I paid for the board and bindings.

Triptaka, this one is called Hard-Off, it looks exactly like Book-Off but without the books!!! (I mean the signage of course!!)