Hey all,

Heading to Niseko for a few weeks in a few days then to Tokyo for a week. Won two tickets to Myoko and was hoping to do it in a day trip from Tokyo. Read up on the Travel Tips on SJ about getting there. Anyone got any other tips? Anyone know how long it takes to get there and back? Any tips appreciated!

I'm staying there this weekend, so will give you the low down on Monday. A day trip is perfectly easy though, you can take the night bus from Shinjuku, gets you there at around 7am, board all day and get the bus bus back at around 4pm. It takes about 4-5 hours on the day bus but around 8hrs on the night bus.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate,

Dont waste those tickets. Its poor form to enter the draw and not use them. Honestly i have no idea why you entered the draw. Its pretty time consuming to get to Myoko without a car, and thats from Nagano. Its in the middle of nowhere my friend. Thats why Arai, which is close by and a pretty killer resort, closed down. There are plenty of people that enter those draws that can actually use them and then a guy from Brisbane wins it. Well done buddy. Good luck getting there.

But anyway,

Myoko has really bad access by train. Ive never done it but i could see it taking ages. Certainly more than 2-3 hours. Even 4 hours on the bus seems generous.

Matt