Originally Posted By: me jane
which station King?

Hmm, I used to (and even now after moving house still do) walk or cycle there, so I'm not exactly sure. I guess the closest would be Toritsudaigaku or maybe Komazawadaigaku on Toyoko and Denentoshi respectively. Considering the fact that MT's located in Nakameguro, Toyoko might be a better bet for you. It's a bit of a stroll but well worth the effort. Just next to Komazawa Koen so you can work off your huge burger with a nice stroll around the park. Watch out for lots of people bringing dogs wearing clothes at the weekend though... I once encountered a troupe of 4 bulldogs each wearing personalised baseball uniforms there!

EDIT: they have a website, search "AS Classics" on google. They also have a good rock'n'roll soundtrack going. But watch out! Closed on Tuesdays!
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: OkemoLoon
Alright King, thanks for the info. I will def have to hit that joint up. You do know im going to talk smack if they are not the best burgers on the island. ;\)

although, I have no clue were that is

You'll be back thanking me! If you're in Machida (I think you are) then it's a bit of a ride, but could probably use the Denentoshi line depending on which station you live closest to.

Just got back from chowing the biggest burger I have slammed since I have been in Japan, very tasty as well. Thanks Chodaboy!

We went to West Park Cafe in Yoyogi Uehara. This burger was just as good as Outback or TGI Fridays only BIGGER. It was a true American size burger and it was great. I will def. be returning.

Made me miss home 'sad face'

Originally Posted By: OkemoLoon
The Coronary Burger! Only available in America.
OkemoLoon_12.jpg

How exactly do you eat this?? I'd like to have a go, but I like a burger that can balance size and toppings with overall burger integrity while eating, nothing worse than everything slipping out the back after you have squashed it down and taken a bite.

Burger eating is a science!! \:D

I think I have been to West Park Cafe, they have a branch in the marubiru if I'm not mistaken.

The key to the AS Classics burger is the layer of some kind of compound cheesy mash/paste they put below the patty - just a thin layer. It transforms the experience. Always a good choice for dinner after a journey home from skiing/surfing.

Sasebo in Kyushu has hundreds of real 'slow food' burger joints.

Possibly started from the US Navy/Army presence in the vicinity.

But you've got to go down there and get the burger shop tour guide map.

Big flat ones, tall chunky ones.... they've got 'em all.

man I'm hungry.

Kua'aina is the best in the WORLD - not just Japan. But the burgers in Japan aresn't as good as the ones at the original stand in Hawaii. In Hawaii, they us Maui onions on the burgers and onion rings. Maui onions are so sweet, you can eat them like an apple (Chairman Kaga style).