Yanaba is good. Its basically one big snowboard park, loads of jumps, rails and other stuff to skirt hospitalisation with.

Its a little bit south of Hakuba, towards Omachi, very close to Kashimayari ski-jo.

fatty's Iida is abit after nakatsugawa from nagoya on the Chuo. Its probably best to hit either nagano or ontake from there.

Ontake has a nice park with a hell of a lot of rails if you are into that. The kickers are well groomed but free riding is lacking.

Yo man - Yanaba is cool, but I prefer the park at 47. They put a lot of work into it and constantly have guys out changing it up. It is service by two very fast lifts. But the best part is that if you want to go grab a pow run you can and just hit the park on the way back down, cycle it for a bit, and then take another cruiser. Yanaba is only park. It is a fun diversion, but 47 has gotta be the best place to ride every day. Your pass includes Goryu/Iimori as well if you want more variety.

When the patrol arent hassling you for pouching the powder then yes 47 is a good choice. But they always hassle you at some point.

I always find huge line ups at 47 for the jumps of the lame ass pipe. If im going to ride a good park I would go to Takasu. Best half pipe dyna. Both are well kept the staff are not allowed to air it out much, so they do a great job.

PS Barok why didnt you hit the Dyna kicker a bit more.

47's park was the best one I have ever hit. I agree with enderz'z azzezzment. pow run to park keeps you nice and warm, and keeps the terrain fun and variable.

Yanaba was pretty good, but they really didn't take good care of the jumps, so I never trusted the big stuff there.

And sorry, Fatts, I felt the same way about Dyna/Takasu's park - too icey when we were there, and in general, not well-maintained enough. Plus that superpipe had almost no transitions, just looked like 2 walls with a flat in-between, much more a skier's pipe I would guess ? ?

Super pipes are scray at first. They look and feel too big at first. The tranny was fine normal cause they were using the same grooming attachment as the pros did last season.

Of course different parks have different things. Dynaland gets a lot of spring like conditions.

47 does have a pretty good park for Japan but Takasu has more. 2 big tables linked so you can hit them back to back, then a huge spine and if you are up to it and im not a jump to rail or a large box slide..

I can say bad things about 47 but in truth they have a real good set up too. Pow to park.. but im always there on busy days so I dont get a true chance to play. this year I will go on a non busy day and figure it out and give good feedback.

It's not superpipes that I don't like, Northstar at Tahoe has a great superpipe, it just was Dyna's that I didn't care for. . . Just no trannies.

Big transitions are one of the major advantages of superpipes - it makes them safer even than regular pipes because you don't crush on the flat. Dyna should really try to widen theirs, and it would be perfect.

I tired to find the pipe grooming attachments but I couldnt find what I really wanted. The dyna pipe uses a Pipe dragon Superpipe style. This attachment is used at most ski resorts in N.A. The only problem with dynas pipe is that it is hard to get enough speed sometimes due to bad starting zones.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.