• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Originally Posted By: thursday.
The USofA will NEVER vote for a black president in my lifetime... Every white middle class yank will vote to prevent that.

It's probably more like, "every white Southern working-class yank and every white East-coast upper-class ivy-league yank", but that is still a large demographic.

In general, if you look at the makeup of the House of Representatives and Senate, it could easily be concluded that the USA is run by white people with a few token Asians, Blacks, and Hispanics thrown in for appearances sake. Same thing sort of goes for the US military after General Shinseki retired...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This latest Clinton episode is just ridiculous. Hard to believe she could be so stupid to say what she did about that Bosnia visit when there is evidence that it was totally different. What was she thinking? Really brings into question her honesty in general.

I suspect it will all be over after the PA Primary, Clinton is losing her lead by the day. The Bosnia lie is nearly as good as the one where she said Chelsie was Jogging around the World Trade Centre on 9/11 2001 (when she was home watching it in bed) and that she was named after Edmond Hillary after the conquest of Everest (even though it happened five years after she was born)

I have seen a number of Australian pols that suggest 75% of Australians want to see Obama win.

Many in the US want to see there country return to its proud days and be more liked OS, I know of many that will be voting for Obama simply because he is best to deliver on that alone.

Just heard something on CNN - nearly 20% of both Clinton and Obamas support will not support the other if they are the nominee, some big number even voting for McCain!

There is a long time until the November vote, no matter who wins Obama or Clinton they will have a lot of time to get the support.

I believe Obama will win and who he choses as a running mate will mae a huge difference in the final result.

My guess of his first choice.... Al Gore

Second Choice (based on a number of things he has said) Condy Rice

Last Choice ... Clinton

What a dogs breakfast of a system! Jeeze I'm glad we have a (relatively) simple system in Oz!

BTW, Good to see you here too ASB! (JA2340 from your own foruM).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today

Quote:
More worrying for Obama is that a breakdown of the polling exposed divisions in the party. The exit polls showed that 35% of Clinton supporters would vote for the Republican John McCain in the November general election rather than Obama.

With 35% of Clinton supporters preferring to vote for McCain than Obama, even if Obama win the nomination there are some big hurdles to overcome.

From US Census Bureau

White alone 221,331,507

Black or African American alone 37,051,483

American Indian and Alaska Native alone 2,369,431

Asian alone 13,100,095

Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone 426,194

Some other race alone 19,007,129

Two or more races: 6,112,646

Two races including Some other race 1,390,337

Two races excluding Some other race, and three or more races 4,722,309

Total: 299,398,485

white man v white man = contest

white man v black man = no contest

It's black and white, pun intended.

Florida is old as well it is very hard to change their minds.

I would love to see a black president but this wasnt the time

to pitch these 2 people at each other. If they let Hillary

go she wouldve won easy.

I think Obama will win the nod but he cant carry the states he needs.

More wars and a rebirth to the republicans.

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Speaking in New York, Mrs Clinton congratulated Mr Obama and his supporters "for all that they have accomplished".

But she said she was making "no decisions tonight" about her continued presence in the race.

What decision does she have to make if she has lost?
(Perhaps the same one as Ronaldo?)