• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have Obama than Clinton on the democratic end. But McCain will win. (That's my prediction anyway.)

I would love to see Obama in office. But the "promise to remove troops in one year." is outrageous. How can we rebuild Iraq in one year? (assuming the street fight is over by the time he enters office.) It's one thing to say "I can end this war." and it's another to rebuild it. The rebuilding is why the Republicans predict so much more time in Iraq.

McCain isn't pro-war, nobody is. He's pro-rebuilding. Where many on the democratic ticket are for leaving the rebuilding part to the Iraqies. And, sadly- the war will likely be the deciding topic. Hence, my prediction for McCain.

(If Obama or Clinton would just iterate a rebuilding plan, they'll win.)

I'd agree with that, thursday ^^.

At first I was into Clinton as she has been very active with online campaigning and I found it interesting from a professional point of view.

But seeing Clinton and Obama speak, I have been won over by Obama. He is a far superior speaker. I don't buy into his big message of 'change' though, I think its just hot air.

I know nothing about their politics however, and havent even seen McCain speak. But he looks very very grey and ordinary.

Highlight so far was the NYC firemen campaigning AGAINST Guiliani. He was leading all the polls last year.

I get the impression Obama is actually winning for the dems but the mass media are calling it neck and neck.

Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
I would also vote for Obama, though if he wins and does all the things he promised he will probably add his name to the list of assassinated US presidents.

Some British prize winning novelist in her aged years said the same thing! I sure hope that is not the case. If he wins he should be allowed to serve his term without the gun happy immortalising him for nothing more than being a black man to win a USA election. It would not surprise me to see some triggered up white supremisist do just that, but that would be a dark day in our collective growth as an inclusive and anti-discriminatory world! Steps forward people NOT back!

I am not a real Hillary fan. She is still with Bill after all - I would have kicked him to the kerb after Monica! In my mind - she settles.

But no matter who wins - they are going to have to have a strong constitition to deal with the mess that the USA is facing post Iraq, post the war on terror, and post subprime... a tough job indeed. And to just put thier hand up for the job I suppose they need a round of applause (or a bed in a padded ward).

Ohh I hear that!

The Aussie Reserve Bank announced last night that it predicts another 3 rate hikes this year alone - that will put us back into double figures - first time since the eighties disaster time when Papabear and I got our first mortgage! At least for us, we know what that is like - we are prepared. All I could say when I heard that last night was - "Lot of people gonna lose thier homes in the next year or two - that is very sad".

But can any of them (presidential candidates) turn things around before disaster? Is it possible? Or is that like trying to stop a carreening loco? I just don't know. Even the experts are divided in opinion on this, and I am no expert - just an interested observer.

But regardless of economic boom or bust - nations need leaders. I wish them luck.

I cannot help but wonder why there is so much emphasis put on these pseudo elections. The fact of the matter is that the perspn with the deepest pockets in each party will win nomination. At that point there MAY be some validation of the poll, at the moment, however, it is a pointless question.

Not the least of the pointlessness is the fact that, as a non-american, I have no voice. Not only that, but I haven't been following the debate with more than half an ear, as there is little I can do to change any of the outcomes.

Quite why the world has to have an opinion on these elections, as opposed to (say) an american having an opinion on the elections in outer mongolia, is beyond me. The Yanks will vote for whoever they vote for, it will be decided (possibly through the courrts as last time) and the rest of the world will have to put up with the result.

Main thing is that GWB (with all that entails - the bible belt etc) is not an option! Thank goodness! From what I have heard, there is a huge leap of IQ between the current Pres and the potential ones, again, I say Thank goodness!

Agreed Thursday.

As an Australian I have no power to change the USA elections - just like JA...but that does not mean I am not interested in the result. It will have far reaching effects.

I think a lot of non-USA residents will have a similar attitude to JA though.

But what is worse is the masses of USA residents who do not vote - do not even pay as much thought to the issue as you and I - and they live in the country and have the power to make an impact simply by CASTING thier vote. Sad! Especially when people risk death to cast thier vote in some nations...

Originally Posted By: samurai

I would love to see Obama in office. But the "promise to remove troops in one year." is outrageous. How can we rebuild Iraq in one year? (assuming the street fight is over by the time he enters office.) It's one thing to say "I can end this war." and it's another to rebuild it. The rebuilding is why the Republicans predict so much more time in Iraq.

I'd be mightily pissed off if I was living in a poor part of the U.S. and had to listen to speaches by George W. about how he was going to spend billions of dollars in Iraq building hospitals and schools ect..

How would you feel if you lived in a rich part of the US, subsidised by the US government? The war on durgs, the war on people. Don't forget, the US economy is driven by war. Every missile is sacred. Every missile that smashes into a family home is driven by Christian Values.

Eye-Rak is simple. You shoot the guys in the Black Hats. The White Hats are on our side. The Vietnam principle operates: every dead civilian is a terrorist/sympathiser.

Let's not forget why everyone (living) is worse off than 10 years ago. The western world is at war with Islam because "Hussain tried to kill my daddy".

McCain has been to war. I'll trust him over the others.