Hi everyone,

It's been a long, long time since I've been here, so apologies for suddenly butting in on the avie forum...

I live up in Aomori and have been skiing Hakkoda for the last 6 years. Love the backcountry, but have been wanting to fill in a few blanks in avalanche knowledge for a while now. I've got an instructor from Nagano willing to run a 5-day advanced avalanche course up at Hakkoda, but am short a couple of people to make minimum numbers and thought I would see if there was anyone here who might be interested.

The course would run from 19-23 March, and accommodation can be provided if you don't mind dossing down in the spare rooms of local gaijins. The course itself would cost around 7 man for 5 days plus transport to and from Aomori. Rental gear can be provided or bring your own. If you've ever wanted to explore this part of the world, here's a chance to do it and improve your backcountry knowledge at the same time. PM for more details - we have to make a decision pretty soon about whether it can go ahead or not, so the sooner the better!

Thanks,

Snowhaus