Does anyone have suggestions about a trip to Nagano? I have been to Goryu/47, Happoone and Nozawa before, and I'd be interested in going somewhere different this time (although when I went to Nozawa in December 2006, the conditions were **** so I would consider going again).

We plan to drive up from Osaka in the first half of March on the Friday night, sleep a few hours in the cars before hitting the slopes, sleep in a pension the second night, ride a half-day before heading back to Osaka Sunday afternoon. Is the place you're suggesting have relatively cheap pensions around?

I am interested in Tsugaike Kogen intrigued by Myoko Suginohara because of the difference in height between top and bottom, and curious about the out-piste buddy system. In my group we enjoy freeriding more than freestyle, and we like to go off-piste (we do not mind some hiking but we don't have avalanche training and few have any sort of equipment like beacons and poles).

Please do not put down other people's suggestions, just present your choice in the best light: all resorts have their downsides.

Goryu/47,Happo One and Tsugaike are essentially the same place.

Myoko is underrated, but not in Nagano.

The way things are looking this year, no avalanche training and no gear = no off piste.

If you are set on Nagano, ever tried Shiga Kogen?

or instead of such a rush why not Hyogo or Gifu?