• SnowJapan Moderator

Hi everyone

Since we relaunched the site last November, we have been putting thought into improving the Resort Search that was previously on the site. The old search had a number of problems and we wanted to make some improvements.

The result is a new Resort Search functionality on the site that has been rebuilt from scratch.

It can be found here:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/search.php

PLEASE NOTE:

We have done a fair bit of testing on this new functionality and feel confident that most of the bugs are out. But.... there is a chance that you may find some bugs. If so, please let us know.

Feel free to post in this thread, but please try to be as specific as you can be to help us try to pinpoint any issues that exist.

We are not linking this up or "officially launching" this yet as we want to give it a bit more time as we (and hopefully you!) do some testing and we get more feedback and fix up any remaining problems. The only link to it is the one above in this thread.

Anyway, please do play around with it and let us know of any obvious problems that you can find.

If all goes well, we hope to have this officially online by the end of the week.

Thanks.

The more than option seems to work fine. thumbsup.gif

I searched with:

lat: more than 40

lon: more than 140

and gave me only Hokkaido and very few in Tohoku.

The only thing that is a bit of a problem, is that you cant limit your search within a range. For example, lets say you want to do a search for resort is Tohoku area that are between 38 and 42 deg lat.

You could specify a prefecture to find the resorts in that prefecture tsondaboy.

That will be a really really useful new feature. Just being able to search by part of a name or town is good for me! I like it a lot.

the longest course run length should indicate the units. I put in 1 thinking the units was Kilometers and then I put in 1000. It appears the units are in meters.

Longest run in Hokkaido over 1000m was Pippu. Of course, I think I also required more than 9 courses and 8/9 lifts.

• SnowJapan Moderator

Already put the units in there for course length.

"Longest run in Hokkaido over 1000m was Pippu. Of course, I think I also required more than 9 courses and 8/9 lifts."

Not sure I understand what you were searching there, or if you are suggesting a mistake.... Can you please elaborate?

Thanks.

• SnowJapan Moderator

Lat: less than 30

Lon: less than 130

....now brings up no results. Was that not the correct answer?

(Fields that are empty are now ignored, rather than included and counted as 0).

Great addition. I've had a good play around with it and tried to trick it out but didn't seem to find any strangeness. Get it online!