1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

As the poll title indicates, let's get talking about the boot lacing system you use. I have allowed more than one choice as some people may have more than one pair of boots. Please give us you impression of you boots, whether you like the system or not, and so on. Refrain from just bad-mouthing, elaborate on why in your experience once system did not work for you. If I have forgotten another popular system, please let me know and I will add (is it possible to modify a poll once it has been started?).

I personally just bought some boots with the Speed Zone system (Burton Ruler) and I have been more than satisfied. It allows quick and localized tightness adjustment, which comes in handy in the lift when you want to give your feet more room. However this comes only from a one-day experience, I'll let you know my impressions again in the future. However, if my boots continue to perform as they have, I'll be buying Burton boots for years to come.

About the BOA system, my girlfriend was looking into buying a pair, but she was apprehensive that the wire might break. Have you ever had or heard of such an occuring?

Oldest 2 boys have Burton Speed laces, they like them, but one of them is considering BOA's for thier next pair.

Husband and little boys have laces - all three are going for BOA's next pair. Hubby because he has some DC BOA walking boots that he loves, and the kids because we are sick of doing thier laces!

Me - I have Van's BOA's. I love them. They are supremely comfortable. They adjust in a flash. On the lift I can loosen slightly for better blood flow, at the top of a steeper run I can crank 'em tighter than normal for a better feeling of security (LOL). I saw a speed dial for BOA's in Tokyo and we thought - how lazy! A lazy mans shortcut for the lazy mans lacing system....but now we have seen plenty of opportunities to use it and will be picking one up ASAP.

I have heard of the BOA click wheel blowing out,never the wire breaking. You can replace the click wheel as well, probably due to this problem.

My advice to anyone is to never buy a product in its first year, if it works then it will be back the next(both Boa and burton speed have been around for a few years now).

Personally i use the burton speed lace system, great for getting on the mountain fast and ease of loosening tightening but still love my old lace ups.I could get the tension where i wanted on different parts of my boot.

Saloman Boots fit my feet the best. They had some wire lacing system but it stopped working after about 100 days. It had a one way locking mechanism, similar in function to a cable tie that locks one way and tightens the other. It wore out. Bought some new boots with old fashion laces.

I cant complain. 100 days is about 5 years of riding for a normal Joe.

I think the old fashion laces are the best if you ride a lot. If you dont, i dont think it really matters - anything will do.

Matt

DC Allegiance with Dual-BOA. No problems. These boots replace a first-generation set of DC BOA boots (Can't remember the model) that were shipped with spare laces so the buyer wouldn't freak out. I retired the old boots after several seasons without having to use the spare set.

• 2 weeks later...
 Originally Posted By: Jyves
I'd like to add that I am developing a 6th toe these days. I don't know if it was caused by my boots or excess running (had 4 runs/hikes in 3 days 2 weeks ago).

I am starting to get a 6th toe on my left foot. Must be pandemic.