Read some where that Akua Planet is doing their High Cascade Japan camp at Happo this year instead of Alts where i guess they usually have it. I can't find 2008 info on their website. I used to work summers at High Cascade at Hood but have never been to any of the camps in Japan. Does anybody have any feedback on this camp or anything similar in Japan?

i dunno, i have seen footy and talked to people who attend the High Cascade camp (Haika for short) at Hood and it looks like the funnest thing ever.

I have doubts that people in Japan ride a snowboard for fun sometimes, and wonder what a Japanese version of the camp would be like...

So this camp is going to a weekend only?

I wonder what they will build? There have been rumours of 'a park being built by High Cascade shapers in spring on Happo' but if it's only for a weekend camp then it may be private, with no garuntee that it will be left up afterwards.

The place they are planning to build it is also a bit strange (one should get used to this here, right?) as it's on a section with a steep down and then an almost flat - so you will be loosing speed all the time on the flat in spring, but the steep is too steep for putting kickers on, which means it will be one hit rather than a line on the flat.

Better than nothing...

not really sure but i have to imagine they're going to dig a pipe and i can't believe they would go to the expense of digging a pipe and maintaining it (or anything else) if they were just going to leave it up for a weekend. I assume it will be private, but the logistics of stopping the gaijin from poaching is going to be a nightmare.

regardless, it would be nice to have a park in the spring at Happo