Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been involved here. Things are shaping up for a hell of a season here in Canada. A hell of a dangerous season as well, given the avi hazard.

I'm heading to New Zealand in less than two weeks so my season has pretty much wrapped up, but I have been able to wrangle a few days in the mountains. Here's the proof!

My first week was spent hanging out in the Bow Valley with old friends from my skiing bumming days. This is my buddy Dave (TGR mtlion) on "The Shoulder" at Sunshine Village, daver_30.jpg

Dave in Tee Pee Town Chutes at Sunshine, daver_31.jpg

Dave in Burnt Trees at Sunshine, daver_33.jpg

My friend Shaun in Burnt Trees,

daver_32.jpg

After a few days in the Bow Valley skiing Sunshine, Lake Louise, and Kicking Horse I hopped on a plane and headed to Whistler. Whistler ROCKS!!! I really can't say it enough. Yeah there are crowds, but the reality is if you can ski the areas that Whistler is renown for than you really don't have anything to worry about. We had two days of sunshine and the first day was the opening of the peak chair after a few days of snow. No pictures of that, sorry it was time to ski, but I did get a few shots of the next day in perfect blue bird conditions. Enjoy!

My buddy Justin in Big Bang,

daver_35.jpg

Spot the pro. My buddy, and Extremely Canadian staff Steve in Big Bang,

daver_36.jpg

Steve with the sponsor shot,

daver_37.jpg

Originally Posted By: samurai
Nice shots, daver. Thanks for that. What Dynaster is Mtnlion on in that first shot?

Keep us posted on your NZ travels too. A meat pie TR would be swell.

i think they are the legend pro, but i don't really remember. you know i don't get hung up over that sort of thing.
we leave on the 2nd so you'll have to wait a few weeks for a thorough meat pie TR.

I was just curious because they look so skinny.

Feb 2nd, eh? Sweet packing to ya.

(the wife will be in thailand june through august. NZ may be feasible if we're not upside-down broke after that.)

I was just curious because they look so skinny.

Feb 2nd, eh? Sweet packing to ya.

(the wife will be in thailand june through august. NZ may be feasible if we're not upside-down broke after that.)

yeah man, make your way down. broken river dude.

thanks toque. yeah it is good to be back. it took a bit of adjusting though. and now that i have finally found a way to fit in here i'm up and leaving again. can't pin me down.

actually i'd love to plug your brain about the kootenays and teaching prospects if you have the time.

Originally Posted By: daver
Nice shots, daver. Thanks for that. What Dynaster is Mtnlion on in that first shot?

Keep us posted on your NZ travels too. A meat pie TR would be swell.

i think they are the legend pro, but i don't really remember.

surely Legend Pro
  • 2 weeks later...