• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit 28 this weekend, I think. Still 42 more for my season target but I have 2 big summer trips lined up. My big risk for the summer will be weather induced down days with summer hemisphere skiing being mainly above the alpine. I should be able to break my post-the-start-of-my-working-life record of 60, at least.

I do the Whistler terrain park camps every June and this year I plan on hitting Chile again as well. I made a promise to a guide at Exxum that I would let him teach me ski moutaineering, which would be in May in the Tetons. I am a bit scared about that one though as I can't even make it up the wall at that artificial rock climb in Hakuba and it is only 12 feet high...

Nice lineup... need to boost both my holiday allowance and skiing skills quite a bit before any of those becoem even a remote possibility. Where are the areas to ski in Chile? I've heard a bit about Argentina but not really Chile. That Russia TR on TGR looked interesting as well, but once again it's just a pipedream for an amateur like myself.

Argentina and particularly Las LEnas, has the most amazing lift service terrain in possibly the world. THe problem is that they have VERY slow snow control and the down days can go on for ever, especially for the famous Marte lift, which is only open a few days in a season. I was lucky and got there after a record storm and only had to spend 6 days waiting around (drinkng great wine and partying with Brazillian girls, though, so it wasn't like a down day in Valdez). Chile has the biggest SA ski area in the 3 resorts around Valle Nevado. The lifts in VN go to the top so snow control is much much faster. If I was to bum for 3 months I would go to Argentina. If I need to assure skiing on a short 2 week time frame I am going to go to Chile. There is an art to managing holiday allowance in which I am the grandmaster. I am thinking of hosting seminars.

Originally Posted By: Stuntcok
Yes, I can get 183s for you immediately. If anyone else wants, I think we could save shipping by ordering a bunch together.

what is it going to go for here mate? Im going home stateside in summer, is cost going to be much different?
  • 3 weeks later...