I am having bad luck with bindings this season or K2 Bindings are just the biggest P.O.S. on the market.

First, I had the K2 CTX Cinch bindings. They lasted about 8 days before the cinch mechanism on the left binding broke. The coating on the cable snapped and the cinch lever permanently loosened.

Second, I had the K2 Auto bindings. I broke the baseplate and the binding disc earlier this morning on Annupuri. I was speeding down (in control, of course) the fukayuki slope near the gondola/jumplift. The nose of my board caught under a large ice chunk. There was a loud crack sound and the ice chunk went flying up in the air. It was about the size of a bowling ball. After the loud crack sound, I felt a large pop under my left heel. Next thing I know, I feel like my heel is lifting 10cm off the board. I stop and check the board. Board okay. Check the binding. The disc was broken in three pieces and the binding where the left heel rest was split almost exactly the center.

Fortunately, it was the last day of the trip and it was 1030am. We had a bus to catch at 115pm. Also, I was not injured.

I bought the K2 Bindings to match my boot, the K2 T1 DB Boot. After the bad results with K2 Bindings, I am looking for any binding by any other company.

I need a stiff binding. Also, I freeride and love the backcountry powder runs.

I was thinking Flux Titan or Super Titan, but am open to all recommendations.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, mate.

A mate of mine bought Flux (cant say which model, but I believe they are this year's) and hes had a toestrap and an anklestrap break on him. I used Flux back in 2003 and had no probs...

On last year's Burton Missions now and they seem pretty good.

I'm currently using a pair of Burton mission bindings on my 163, and a set of airwalk on my 160, and I strongly recommened the mission's.

They are about - ooooooohhhh - 4 years old now? - maybe older. But they have been bashed, kicked, ridden on, over tightened and still give great support and nothing on them has broken. The only problem is they are slightly rusty now but they can be cleaned up. ;\)

The airwalks were a little stiff to begin with but seem solid enough - but they have only been tested once to make sure the angles were set up correct.

There was a Bindings Recommendations thread less than a month ago with loads of responses - have a search for it!

Missions, are the best value for money - at about 10,000 for last year's on Yahoo auctions.

If you want a tip, its a good idea to bring your boots at the store.

Don't look for a binding that looks nice and stiff, but for something that fit your boots best.

I am now using Malamute boots and Sallomon SPX 90 bindings, but I have used 3 different set-ups in the past. I had the Burton Rulers with a Custom and later with P1 carbon bindings. The Customs were uncomfortable so I used them only for a season and then changed to the P1's. Excellent fit, used that set-up for 2 seasons with no problems. Then I got the Malamutes that dint fit on the P1 base as good as my Rulers. I changed the P1's this season for the SPX 90 and luckily I got better fit, with the boots I am using now.

Burton Missions - I got two sets, one regular and one "Doom" with the team highbacks. Solid. Reliable. Mine are older, so they are made in Slovenia, Romania, or somewhere in the Eastern bloc - the year after I got mine they switched to the PRC.

I was looking at Flux, but bought the Burtons before I could find a set.

I noticed that my K2 Autos are Made In China. I know my present company has many problems relating to manufacturing quality at its China factories. It is such a big problem that they are sending a team of Japanese engineers and Patent Attorneys to China for the next year just to work on the quality issue. This is already in addition to the quality control staff that my company already maintains in China.

My K2 board was made in China. Now it has Missions 06/07, they were on sale @ Moriyama sports in Kyoto last month, half price. Hope you will find good ones in Osaka, Samui Kitsune =). I agree Tsonda, to bring your boots is nessesary, my Salomon boots didn't fit most of Burton women's bindings 06/07. smile.gif

I've got the K2 cinch and haven't had a problem. This is my second season with them. So easy to get into and most importantly I don't have to sit down to strap in. They are heavier than most bindings though. I had Burton missions before and I'd rate them as the best value for money bindings on the market. Stiff, simple and hard wearing. The only reason I got the cinch was for the ease of use, not because my missions wore out or anything. If I was to recommend any binding from experience then the missions would be the ones. However for ease of use and not having to get down on my butt to clip in-K2 cinch for me.

Originally Posted By: Rag-Doll
Thanks, that's interesting. My Flows have left lovely 4 little gouges in the heel side of my board.

Thats what I was worried about with Flow bindings. I take it K2 Cinch bindings are of a similar design to Flows?

The old story, flows are ok but they have their issues. I liked using them but didn't want the convenience of standing if it meant damaging my precious new board. I've ummed and aahed about cinch bindings for years. I should bloody well have bought them three sets of bindings ago.

Just had a look online at the K2's, they look like normal bindings but have the benefit of stepping into them like the Flows, right? Does that mean that they don't have the problems that Flows have regarding intial set up and use of a car rack?