The official ARGUMENT thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Why would anyone want to slow cook/make baked beans?!

lol

Cos I had it in Kentucky, USA and it tastes nothing like tinned.

you are asking like, why would you roast a chicken yourself? Cos you can do your own stuffing.

why would you eat Macca's ? Cos it tastes shit and I'd like mine with real beef, beetroot, eggs, the lot!
Originally Posted By: RobBright
He's weird. He's "German".

Weird, I can take. German - NOT !
my wife is Bavarian, not German, either.
and as for Bavarians, I don't go um-pap-pa um-pap-pa
but their food is very good.

Why eat Maccas? Because SOME of their stuff is halfway decent, and when on the road, it's better than trying to cook a meal while travelling, AND you know that a "seared chicken wrap" in Sydney will be the same as a "seared chicken wrap" in Alice Springs.

Consistency is their big advantage. At least within the country, not sure about between countries, but the "basics" remain the same.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Originally Posted By: RobBright
He's weird. He's "German".

Weird, I can take. German - NOT !
my wife is Bavarian, not German, either.
and as for Bavarians, I don't go um-pap-pa um-pap-pa
but their food is very good.

Pfft Bavaria is in Germany, she is German.

Viking is not a tribe.

It's an activity.

Norman is "north man" not a tribe name either.

But yeah, you're right. The "north men" ruled Angle land and Harold got their backing just to get beaten by a different "north man".

So when you think about it, the original Britons, the Celts got pushed to Cornwall and Whales.

Do you think a self respecting Celt would hump a Roman? Speak their language and take in their religion?

lol

The Vandals went into Denmark and also to Spain, established Vandalusia, now the V is dropped and the region is called Andalusia or something like that.

Where they came from, who knows, they had been wandering in the north central Mongol like the Huns.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
lol

The Vandals went into Denmark and also to Spain, established Vandalusia, now the V is dropped and the region is called Andalusia or something like that.
Where they came from, who knows, they had been wandering in the north central Mongol like the Huns.

the Huns, not very nice people. Caused a lot of trouble in Manchester the other year
  • 3 weeks later...

brit-gob, nah they are nasty in-breds. Fat, spotty, ginger bearded, unwashed, walking with only 1 shoe and swilling buckfast......a nasty breed that seems to be bettered only by cockroaches for their durability to nuclear blasts

Rant for today:

Fu**ing Microsoft Word 2007 - what a complete heap of &^$%#ing crap!!!

My current problem is: trying to group two simple pictures (maps) together. In older versions of TURD, all you had to do was draw a box around two pictures and hit group.

No doubt some third-world computer guru with a degree from Afghanistan, working remotely from their office in Tashkent, decided it would make more sense to include several additional tabs, pull-downs and shit to accomplish the same simple bloody job.

REALLY, who the fu** employs these computer geeks, let alone allows them to make decisions??!!

Okay, some of you will say: use Macs, Open Orrifice, etc ... that's not helping because it would be tantamount to dismantling an entire engine just to change the spark plugs.

Wish I could say I feel better now, but all I wanna do is use a spoon to slowly disembowel that Gates fu**wit.

Sub, I hear your pain!!

My suggestion, not having tried it yet, is to click on one, then either Shift-click or Ctrl-click (not sure which) to multiple select, and then group them (again, I have no idea how that happens, although I would bet there is a key-stroke shortcut).

Interested to see how it works. I cannot try it atm, as I do not have 2007 here at home, at work on Monday, I could have a try.

Hey JA & RB,

thanks for the tip, though, when I did both of those options it will highlight both pictures, but it will not permit access to the 'Group' option under the Format tab.