• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Fatts, I checked that out. Seems to be ok and the prices reasonable so I will probably rent from Nagano Eki and drive over to your place. So expect us there in the evening of Mar 18. It would have been nice letting you earn that extra yen instead, though.

No worries, mate. Good to hear you made a boo-boo on the Sun Alpina dates. A few of the "not yet confirmed" peeps are very much beginners and the Sun Alpina slopes should be good for them, especially the nice views when they take breathers.

Renting at Nagano eki is actually quite convenient since it means I won't need to trouble you to pick us up. Also, by having full use of the rental van, I won't need to worry about getting the car back to you for your errands when it is needed....and I can even run a few errands for you if you are really swamped during that time.

So what happened? Did you sell the car or the van? Or do you still have both but can't spare them?

Mantas, I think Fattwins had the dates I was mentioning mixed up. He was thinking about mid-April because we were taking about Easter, forgetting that we have an early Easter this year.

Originally Posted By: Markie
Mantas, I think Fattwins had the dates I was mentioning mixed up. He was thinking about mid-April because we were taking about Easter, forgetting that we have an early Easter this year.

Pheeeeew!....I was freaking out there for a bit.

I will be in Hakuba from the 23rd March. I'm gunna make an effort to meet some SJ dudes this time. Including the legendary Fattwins.
lol.gif
  • 1 month later...

OK, people, it's time to take a roll-call. I have finalized all my tickets and everything so I will be in Hakuba 18th to 25th March.

I will first stay a couple of days with Fattwins and then move over to the log cabin next to the Pub at the Mominoki.

Shall we fix Saturday 23rd to be "the meet up at the Pub" date? That is the date Mantas arrives. Anyone suggest a time?

So far according to the previous posts Weegeoff, Mantas and Best-Skier-in-Hakuba said they would come. Are you guys still on?

In addition, Creek Boy, Sunrise and Ewok2 also said maybe. Of course everyone else is welcome. I'll try to drag Fattwins along and see if Dave of Evergreen will be available too.

So let's confirm a time and who's coming!

Tanoshimi desu!

Hey Markie, from the 22nd-26th I have my T&F spring camp and am stuck there. Wont be doing much other than running/coaching those 5 days. Guess we miss each other again. Im tellin ya, hurry up, finish working, and come here for a bit. Got a room for ya though its not even a 1 star place \:\( My bad...maybe wait till I buy a place next year.

Good, Stemik, glad to have you on board.

Creek Boy, officially, my last day of work will be 31st Aug., 2008. However, a big monkey-wrench has been thrown into my plans for a totally free and easy life. I am now entrenched with in a serious relationship with someone (in fact, I first met her in Hakuba in the Christmas of 2006 when you were also there with Bushpig and his gf/wife and Ewok 2) and we have already decided that marriage is the next step and just a question of setting a date. So when I'm done with this job I will be devoting my life to looking after all her needs and wishes.