What cb and bp missed when they didnt rip the backside of Happo!

Kuma took some sic pics! The best ones he is keeping for himself. The day was prefect, and the snow couldnt have been better. The stupid group from bluecliff traversing below us shouldve been shot though.

Its FT spot the travering guy below me! I didnt notice him untill i was already on the slope.

kumapix_191.jpg

kumapix_190.jpg

kumapix_189.jpg

Its a snowboarder who got seconds!

kumapix_193.jpg

Kuma ripped a sick line after we came down. Steep entry from his perch. When he dropped in, he picked up so much speed. the compression when he reached the chute was pretty big! I thought he would eat it bad, but... he held it and slashed a huge 15 meter high wall of spray to check the speed. Super sick to see that actually but no pics of it.

Great pictures. Awesome! I wish I get that good in a hurry!

So, for my noob questions:

1) What is a bowl? First, time I heard a guy mention it on the slopes I thought he was talking about smoking weed. Now I see it is something different.

2) Is it worth paying a tour guide to take you up to the powder spots? For example, in Niseko Hirafu. If so, what is the cost?

Nice pics and lines, guys.

Backcountry is pretty much out of the question around here right now. We have one of the worst snowpacks in years. 6+ inbounds avies in N.A. so far. Over 25 avy deaths in North America, 9 of them in Canada. A 3 metre deep slide ripped out of Blackcomb Glacier on Sunday while we were skiing Whistler. Patrol had dropped 2 bombs on the slope, then ~100 skiers went by before someone hit the sweet spot. Very scary conditions out here.

Originally Posted By: Samui Kitsune

2) Is it worth paying a tour guide to take you up to the powder spots? For example, in Niseko Hirafu. If so, what is the cost?

I'd say save your money and do it in a couple of years when you're good enough to enjoy it
 Originally Posted By: Kumapix

I'd say save your money and do it in a couple of years when you're good enough to enjoy it

Would agree with Kumapix. There are plenty of bits of powder accessible just off the lifts for you to practice powder technique. There's nothing like falling repeatedly into waist deep powder and struggling to right yourself over and over to destroy your enthusiasm. I reckon preparing your skill toolkit first is the way to more fun in the long run! <-- sorry ignore all that I was under the impression that you were a beginner when I wrote it but looks like I am talking rubbish!

1) What is a bowl? First, time I heard a guy mention it on the slopes I thought he was talking about smoking weed. Now I see it is something different.

Just remember not to pack your bowl too tight.