• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please link funny, interesting or just plain crazy youtube videos you come across in his thread! "Lets" a repository of youtube fun!   To link youtube videos, copy the random jumble of letters an

Bulgarian Ski-Resorts have top Notch Facilities

I am not sure if this has been posted anyway..

the main problem it dosen't snowboard wink

/skiing is easy to learn but hard to master

//boarding is hard to learn but easy to master

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

although this is a serious and quite sad condition I couldn't help laughing at some of these things. The full documentary can be watched on You Tube and is actually very sad to see the heartbreak of these people.

I used to be into cult cinema and tv and I think the main guy in this is John from "John's Not Mad", a documentary that's basically the first exposure given to the swearing form of Tourette's. I think it was originally a "World in Action" from 1980 or thereabouts, but it became a minor cult classic you'd get handed on a worn out video like "A Clockwork Orange". Its a dead straight documentary, but has loads of great quotes. He constanly calls his mother a slut and tells her to "Ferk Nescafe!" in the supermarket. Swearing's on tv every day now, so it has no impact, but it was a lot different back then.

His mother had the patience of a saint, but I think his father cracked and left the family.
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

although this is a serious and quite sad condition I couldn't help laughing at some of these things. The full documentary can be watched on You Tube and is actually very sad to see the heartbreak of these people.

I used to be into cult cinema and tv and I think the main guy in this is John from "John's Not Mad", a documentary that's basically the first exposure given to the swearing form of Tourette's. I think it was originally a "World in Action" from 1980 or thereabouts, but it became a minor cult classic you'd get handed on a worn out video like "A Clockwork Orange". Its a dead straight documentary, but has loads of great quotes. He constanly calls his mother a slut and tells her to "Ferk Nescafe!" in the supermarket. Swearing's on tv every day now, so it has no impact, but it was a lot different back then.

His mother had the patience of a saint, but I think his father cracked and left the family.

While that really cracks me up, I do feel sorry for the sufferers and their families.

Seeing a down syndrome kid really makes me sad too.

Mr#1's wife works at a school for down syndrome and mentally/physically handicapped children. Some heartbreaking stories, though she actually said that at her school the kids are content and 'happy'. Some of them can't expect to live beyond 20.

Think you are right Mr W. In recent years they made follow up (which is where the clip comes from) and it goes back to show how he was when he was younger. In the new one, he is estranged from his family and has a kind of surrogate family, when his family removed themselves from his life ths local women got to know him and invited him to her house and he would have dinner etc with them. Its a sad story to listen to him, cos he desperately wants to have a normal life.

• 3 weeks later...