• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please link funny, interesting or just plain crazy youtube videos you come across in his thread! "Lets" a repository of youtube fun!   To link youtube videos, copy the random jumble of letters an

Bulgarian Ski-Resorts have top Notch Facilities

Someone asked me the other day if I was ever tempted in my job as interpreter to simply interpret total rubbish instead of what was really being said. Tempted - yes...done it NO. But it reminded me of this:

although this is a serious and quite sad condition I couldn't help laughing at some of these things. The full documentary can be watched on You Tube and is actually very sad to see the heartbreak of these people.

I watched a doco on children with tourette who all go to a summer camp. When one would have an outbreak it would set all the others off.

It was one of those awful moments you were trying not to laugh but couldn't help yourself at how they all go set off BUT by the end of the story I was so so sad and felt incredibly sorry for them.

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
I watched a doco on children with tourette who all go to a summer camp. When one would have an outbreak it would set all the others off.

It was one of those awful moments you were trying not to laugh but couldn't help yourself at how they all go set off BUT by the end of the story I was so so sad and felt incredibly sorry for them.

seen that one too. I think its the same guy who organises the trip to America.

In the doco above, in another clip is a funny bit when he is walking his dog by the side of the road, he says he has to concentrate hard because he often tells the dog to go when there is a car coming!!

Love that they can laugh at themselves and thier condition too.

I have a friend who has some movement tics and also says some very abrupt, and perhaps rude stuff (not just obscene but offensive)...almost a speak before you think kind of thing.

He is a really genuine person, and I am sure would argue up glen and down dale that he hasnt - but I am SURE he has a mild form of tourettes! Nice bloke...but you can see why some people take an instant dislike to him - they just cant see past the surface rude comments.

I have a mate that used to have all these facial tics as a kid and we just thought he was twitchy, now he reckons it might've been an undiagnosed mild form of Tourettes. Looking at the clips they are funny, but the underlying conditon and the fact that they lve with it 24 hrs a day is not. The bald guy in it only started showing symptoms when he was in his 30's, he had a management job, a wife and kids and he lost the lot!! That is heart breaking.

I love these Japanese game shows, they are quality. Some of them get shown on UK tv now with some witty voiceover. The most recent one is Takeshi's Castle, although it hasn't been on Japanese TV for many years

• 3 weeks later...