• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

We were wanting to put another Niseko report up this afternoon but are encountering a few technical problems which are preventing us from doing that, so it is going to have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Sounds like there is a lot of snow falling up there though. \:\)

Just got in this afternoon.

Teens hit the slopes for a warm up while I unpacked the gear.

The ride up was progressive - flurries in at New Chitose - some nice big flakes lightly falling 1/4 of the way along, fairly snowing consitstently by the munchies/pee break at half way - and by the time we came through Kutchan it was hard work for the driver - not much to be seen in any direction.

Lovely BIG flakes, plenty of them and light on the ground. Got off the bus and lost my ankles in the carpark at the Welcome Center.

The gear is laid out and ready to go - breakfast essentials (eggs bacon bread) in the fridge. It will be up, breaky, dressed and out the door! POW WOW!

Yeh rode Miharashi last night at 8pm and it was sweet!

Strawberries yesterday morn was off the hook, Probably the best session I have had in there in the 5 years I have been here!

Hopefully last nights wind drops off as the annupuri bowls will be something else when it clears.

Yeah - we are self catering.

Small price to pay for being RIGHT at the base of the Gondola though!

Last trip I was the cook, hubby the snow board supervisor.

This trip: His injuredness just made me breaky!

Well, I just got back from Niseko, after my third trip over the last three seasons.. First trip - early March 06, Second trip - mid Feb 07, this trip - Christmas eve 07 to Jan 4 08...

Yep, it wasn't as good as it was the previous two visits BUT.... Still found deep snow, that didn't have a crunchy base (the last two days)... and yep, the rain was a downer, but Mongoose, MikePOW, Go Native and others..... you all sound like the little fat kid at Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory ('I don't know if this chocolate is good enough for me').... You are so lucky to be in such a beautiful place and even in this 'crap' snow, I still found plenty of untracked lines...

Now I have to wait until June or July this year when Perisher or Thredbo gets a MASSIVE 4cm dump of snow so I can go rock skiing.....

And warm temperatures... You poor fella's... It is 35 degrees © here right now so the only snow I will be seeing is in photograph's!!!

No complaining anymore grant. We've had masses of snow over the last couple of days that has truly transformed the reosrt. It's really deep out there now with face shots all over the mountain.

And yes we are extremely spoilt here and I think we are all aware of it.

Yeah, its nice being able to have the option of only skiing/boarding ballz deep powder when you live up there...you become a snowsnob and quite right too. Why would you, when youre used to epic snow, wanna go out in crap snow - and complaining about the crap snow, Id be right up there with y'all \:\)

Glad you guys are ballz deep N-people clap.gif