Hi,

on the 18th Jan im flying into Nagoya and landing at about 10pm, I don’t have a epassport so im assuming its going to be an hour or two before I get out of the airport, from Nagoya airport how do you get to the train station?

And how many people can be expected to be on the trains at 1amish in the morning? After our flight lands we where planning to catch trains to hakuba

Nagoya Ltd.Exp. WideViewShinano to Matsumoto at 12.30am

then Matsumoto JR Oito Line to Hakuba at 3.04am

Reason im asking is would it just be better to carry our snowboard bags as luggage on the train or send them by takkyubin?

Our lodge accom said they can leave our room key on the desk so we can come in at 5am~ and check in, in the morning. And the lodge is about a 500m walk from the station.

Also how do you go about purchasing the train tickets? Is it simply through a ticket machine and a separate ticket should be purchased in nagoya and matsumoto?

Thanks for all your help!

Regards

Tim

That sounds like it must be a special ski train. You might need to prebook with a special ticket. Ordinary services don't run after midnight on those lines. Where did you get your train info?

And on Jorudan I just got very diffrent results so now im confused!

trains2.JPG

if the trains dont run at night, how would I go about finding cheap accom for a night near nagoya airport? pretty much just looking for somewhere to sleep before leaving 6am in the morning to hakuba \:\)