• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you're getting your info matey. For a forecast "Snow, then clear" doesn't sound like a dump to me.... Until you have the little snowmen lined up like soldiers for a week, I don't see much being rideable.

Wednesday 3rd December 2003, 1:35PM

Snow flakes falling on and off today, but current air and ground temperatures are still too warm for the snow to collect properly.

wakaranai.gif Huey-san really needs to get his act together!

400.gif 400.gif 400.gif 400.gif

Gotta have these little white muthers lined up and marching to the same tune...

I've been reading a whole swathe of indicators these last 3 years, and there's only one I've found to be reliable. And if you don't know what that is by now, you haven't been paying attention. \:o

so what is the significance of the different coloured hats?

& erm, ok... look, im sorry mr Ocean, but I havent been paying attention...send me to the back of the class & spank me with your ruler if you so wish... I'm assuming you mean that the snowmen are the most reliable indicator? please enlighten me!

snowjapan needs a frog... there's this guy called "the frog" who predicts snowfalls in Aus, & he's rather good at it... gives estimates on how much will fall & to what altitude, 1-2 weeks in advance. I've learnt a lot from watching the forecasters on ski.com.au... I dont yet fully understand how it works in Japan... wakaranai.gif

the frogs site >>

http://snowatch.snow.net.au/

It seems that the color of the gloves and hats those cute little snowmen wear depends on their preferred fashion for the day. Also heard rumors that the snowboarding snowmen prefer the green to the blue hats.

They seem real happy with their cute little green hats today in Niseko, don't they? ;\)

(Snowman fashion does not affect the weather forecast)