Hi all,

I've heard there are bargains to be had in Jimbocho/Kanda area. I'm just wondering (if anybody's local to the area) can they check/have they seen the prices for the following snow pants:

Burton LTD Cargo Mens Large (Black)

Burton Cruizer Insulated Womens Small (True Black Gingham)

Burton Rodeo Womens Medium (Sassafras)

If you have seen any of these can you tell me the price. I'm having a hard time trying to source anyone who will send these to Australia, and if they're cheap enaough in Japan, I'll get them when I'm there in Feb.

Ta,

Sven

the only time I have found deals there has been on last years stuff so if your looking for anything new I doubt you will find it below retail. There are bargans to be had there but you gotta dig. That has been my expirence anyways.

Gear in Japan is expensive - period. I know that others on the forums disagree on this point, but I have been able to get just about anything cheaper in the US. With that said, there are deals on last season's gear, but it's still not that great.

Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
Gear in Japan is expensive - period. I know that others on the forums disagree on this point, but I have been able to get just about anything cheaper in the US. With that said, there are deals on last season's gear, but it's still not that great.

Your right on that point Sir Jib - but Jp prices/range are still better than Australian ones!

If you get to know some of the guys in your local shop many times they will cut you a good deal. Just picked up some new skis for the same price as stateside from my local shop.

Originally Posted By: quattro
If you get to know some of the guys in your local shop many times they will cut you a good deal. Just picked up some new skis for the same price as stateside from my local shop.

that's fo sho! thumbsup.gif

took me 2 or 3 years though
 Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
With that said, there are deals on last season's gear, but it's still not that great.

defintley not like it used to be 10 years ago...when last years models were rock bottom prices

Thanks for your replies people, but I think I should have added that getting it from the US is not an option. Burton will not let people ship '08 stock to Australia. And all the ones I want are 08 models...

I have a guy checking prices in Jimbocho on another forum so I'll see what he can come up with.

• 5 months later...

Being a somewhat savvy shopper, I have found that there are bargains to be had in Japan - mainly in the following -

1. No name or similar, kids stuff that is good for 8-12 yrs who will grow out of it quickly Just go to the Jusco, Aeon etc

2. Last season stuff, esp if you can get amongst New year sales - they go sort of silly at New Year.

3. Competitive prices in the big sports barns out in the burbs, but you could easily blow the savings on getting there.

4. Funnily enough little resort ski shops often have some super bargains but don't rely on it as again it will generally be end of line and often "samples"

Burton new season gear - best bargains probably in the backstreets of Shenzen - just make sure you get the hot gear and not the cheap knock offs which may be easier said than done.

Shenzen ( Shenzhen) is the new mainland China manufacturing wonderland close to Hong Kong. If it isn't made there it's a fair bet the stuff it is made from is.

But if you really want Burton or Billabong etc - part of why you want it is because of the controlled marketing and that adds up to buying it all through standard retail channels.

i was down in Jimbocho at the weekend, picked up some good bargains on skis. Last seasons models under half price.

Also got fitted for some order made ski pants....(I have short legs)