Need: Bar recommendation in Hakuba, Echoland

Can anybody give me a hint on useful bars in Echoland? Last year when I was in Hakuba it was dead after the lift stopped.

OK, I went to the Tracks Bar party (cool place!) last year, but the taxi fare costs nearly as much as flying into Japan. Anything similar in Echoland?

Or there simply not much of après-ski in Japan?

No apres ski as such exists in Hakuba. Alot of Hakuba locals insist that there's nitelife but from my experience it's really quiet in the evenings. I think if you live up there you would hear about upcoming events and parties but to the average triptaker you can't really walk into a bar and expect it to be full of people and atmosphere. Just from my experiences in Hakuba....unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
didnt you hear the US is bombing every country in the middle east looking for oil, I mean, democracy? Theyre protecting us while we sleep at night. Aussies, well, we just wont go there

You feeling any safer CB?? I just hope all the psycho ones are not in Hakuba over New Year.
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
word on the street is that the Navy boys will be up over new year.....shifty.gif

Thanks TB. They're a little softer, aren't they? It's the marines who like to stir it up. To be honest, most of my experiences with jar-heads have been OK. You hear the stories though. Also heard about the Aussies in Niseko getting over the top.... fighting in izakayas, etc. Don't know how true it is.