For those living in snow towns - whats your ticket?

Do you buy season tickets?

Get a deal for living there?

Get a deal from work?

I'm interested because my town has 8 resorts or so, and there is no ticket that we can buy - unless you have kids at school when you can get a town ticket for 30,000 yen.

So I either get by on actually buying tickets (shock! - though we can get a small individual ticket discount), from a few friends or sj when I have won something.

Is there anything in Hakuba, Niseko, other places?

yeah, the Japanese resort industry is fragmented. To the point that there are even ski grounds that have different sets of owners for different lifts within the same resort. Its like having subset shareholders, or different class shareholders.

I think its difficult for them all to agree and offer an area wide pass which suck for me as i would like to visit more resorts but i am not willing to cough up for heaps of day passes when i might just want to do a couple of runs at a resort.

I would pay international prices ie (Whistler is not cheap) for a pass if it gave me a good number of mountains.

Matt

I have to buy a season ticket for the whole mountain (Niseko) but if you have a pension up here they will give you a hirafu pass for 5 man, not bad but when Hirafu gets cranking during Janustralia, it is better to head over to Higashi and Annapuri.