Hakuba to Narita for a 15:00 flight - possible?

I am leaving sunny Hong Kong again for a Hakuba snow trip in February and just do some extensive planning.

My return flight is on Feb. 13th 15:00 now my questions:

Obviously I prefer not to miss the flight. Is it possible to have an early morning departure? I saw there are buses at 6:20 and 8:20 from Happo. The later bus brings me at 9:35 to Nagano, and the 10:08 train at 11:30 to Tokyo.

So far sounds ok. So what station I need to get off? Tokyo or Ueno? ANd how again to go to Narita? There was a low cost subway I remember.

Any advICE is welcome!

PS: anybody else in Happo Feb. 10-12?

Thanks, I just checked. Right, Ueno and Keisei sound OK. But the train arives only 12:12 in Ueno. Sounds very tight.

The earlier train arrives at 11:30 - but only in Tokyo Station. I think the 12:12 train is out of the game.

For the 11:30 arrivel, what is better, go to Ueno and go Keisei, or JR Subu from Tokyo Station?

In the worst case I can take of course the earlier bus ans have plenty of time.

are you by yourself or with a group as a shared taxi is about the same price as the shinkansen, even if you are not in a group you can sometimes share a taxi, costs about 12,000yen one way

• 2 months later...

Here is how it ended:

I wanted to return to Tokyo one day early, to have a nice dinner in Tokyo and a little morning shopping. However, all hotels I checked were full on 2/12. Since the skiing was nice it was an easy decision to stay one night and leave Hakuba on the flight day.

We took the 07:00 Alpico Bus to Shinjuku. Supposed to arrive at 11:30. Our flight was 15:25

That night it was snowing heavily and I guess that affected the bus journey. We finally arrived Shinjuku at about 11:55. I didn't really check all forms of transport (my error), I had the Skyliner from Ueno fixed to my mind. So we went to Ueno and arrived there at 12:40 - just too late to catch the 12:40 skyliner. Next was 13:20 , for an 14:20 arrival. Quite late for a 15:25 departure.

We then took the Keisei Rapid Express at 13:03 , takes only about 10-15 longer then the Skyliner and would arrive there at the same time. End of story: we were about 14:25 at the Asiana Check-In counter and the girl said we have time enough. What a relieve!

Well, with a little more research I would have known that there is also airport transport from Shinjuku.

yeah mate, you take the Narita express from Shinjuku.

You cheked in at 15:25 for a 15:25 departure??

I'm not ever going to fly Asiana. Though the Korean girls would be most handy for the overhead luggage racks.

Originally Posted By: thursday.
yeah mate, you take the Narita express from Shinjuku.

You cheked in at 15:25 for a 15:25 departure??

I'm not ever going to fly Asiana. Though the Korean girls would be most handy for the overhead luggage racks.

My typing error, that was of course 14:25. Still tight. I recently missed a flight from Hk to Beijing.

Asiana seems quite low budget. Eco class was much larger then on CX (usually 50% on CX, rest is Biz and 1st.). No screens in the seat (on the leg from Seoul to HK). Lousy movies. Not that I really care, I fly to get from A to B. The rest doesn't really interest me.

I have never seen HK Aiport that busy. At 23:00 there were 20m long lines for immigration - and that's the fingerprint scanner!

PS: arrival in Tokyo was perfect. Despite long lines at immigration I was through in 5 Minutes, thanks to my APEC card.