Originally Posted By: Domokun_72dpi
Well, in terms of IQ level, it's not that hard to seem intelligent next to idiots:

IQ:
<21 : Idiot
21-50 : Imbecile
51-70 : Moron
71-80 : Borderline Deficiency
>130 : Gifted

I think I am borderline Moron clap.gif

what about 81-130?
 Originally Posted By: kokodoko
So, they have idiots in the educational institutions in japan as well?

It must be a world-wide phenomenon.

I do contract work for an educational institution and now i just say yes to whatever they want and do not dispute anything. It is much easier on my sanity.

A hint: Always say yes to idiots.

Yes. I mean, Yep. ;\)
Teachers are civil servants, which have their own little culture within a culture. Actually though, I was always under the impression that teachers as a group were fairly liberal and relatively forward-thinking in a lot of 'western' countries, but here it is the oposite. They form an extremely conservative (and lame) group.

ah, the public service is full of no-hopers. i couldn't imagine anything worse than working in a place like that.

my work is very go-go-go, so fools fall by the wayside and everyone here seems quite motivated and professional, which is a nice change. i can't stand cultures that tolerate mediocrity and poor performance, or even promote said idiots. FT's example sounds like the ultimate example of bad management - i mean, why aren't they doing anything about a clown like that?

Slackers is one thing, but scammers is what really gets up my nose.

We own a business that employs about 60 people, and more than once we have been targetted and scammed by people who DO NOT want to work.

One was a fake workers comp claim by a guy we KNEW before we hired him, who had previous back injury history, begged for the job and promised he would not make any claims regarding his back when hubby was no going to hire him ... so we gave him a shot. 4 days work and he has been on workers comp for the last 2 years!

Another was a Uni Student on casual employment, he was asking for work from the competitor and offering up trade secrets - the competitor called us to let us know what kind of idiot we had on the payroll and hubby sacked him immediately. He took it to Unfair Dismissal and was awarded $15000 which is more than he would have earnt for the year. Not a bad scam.

I am lucky at the moment - the girl I work with is a complete legend and we work together REALLY REALLY well.