• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
cotton wicks the moisture

You sure about that one? I've never had cotton wick at all, ever - it merely soaks the moisture up, never wicking/transporting the moisture to the outside of the garment like more technical layers.

A suggestion for pants might be Vaude or Rab. they use the Event fabrics with direct venting technology. it is supposed to keep you dryer than Goretex for outdoor sports and great for people that sweat a lot.

I talked to a professional outdoor endurance athlete. She told me that she had to change clothing several times during long races due to clothes eventually getting wet. With the event fabrics she didn't need to change as everythign stayed dry. Ok she was sponsored by the Event but I read some other good stories about it.

http://www.eventfabrics.com/eVent_technology.php

Originally Posted By: stemik

try Uniglo...i think they call them "heat tech" very warm and not restrictive and a bargain at 1,500yen

got myself a pair of these tonight, will give them a run out on sunday!! thumbsup.gif
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
 Originally Posted By: stemik

try Uniglo...i think they call them "heat tech" very warm and not restrictive and a bargain at 1,500yen

got myself a pair of these tonight, will give them a run out on sunday!! thumbsup.gif

nice one - look forward to full report on the said pants

I bought a Burton Ronin CW one-piece suit for use this season. Went out on my first run and now i have a nice new cooling vent in the crotchal area. F'ing annoyed! it was brand new and the thing just came apart. Must have been the fault of the 100+ G-force stresses that only a true kickass boarder could pull off! Like hell! Damn cheap outsourcing. mad.gif

Good question Oyuki.... probably by blind peasant folk in a cold country. dunno.

Kuma, I thought about that but whats to stop it happening to the next pair they give me. If I were at home I'd chuck a pic up of the seam. Its such a lousy job. They could have at least double sewn that area.

Lucky my willy didn't get frostbite! haha

Originally Posted By: warhawk
Kuma, I thought about that but whats to stop it happening to the next pair they give me. If I were at home I'd chuck a pic up of the seam. Its such a lousy job. They could have at least double sewn that area.

if you have the receipt and bought it from a regular shop just go and warranty it and get a new pair for free. I've used a pair of burton pants for 3 full 50-day seasons without any major problems.

but then again maybe you've been binging on the coffee covered umeboshi and your ass is just too big lol.gif
 Originally Posted By: Kumapix

but then again maybe you've been binging on the coffee covered umeboshi and your ass is just too big lol.gif

Haha you maybe on to something there, but its more because the suit hangs loose around the waist so it goes a bit low-crotch (in da hizzouse gangsta) which is the in thing or so I thought.... So why the hell isnt it reinforced! grr

Well I'll take these back to the Burton store when I go back to Osaka for shougatsu. I'm sure they'll replace em for free, but if I ask for my money back I don't know what they'll say...

neversummer, those 686s do look the bizzness! Dont mind them at all!