• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every year, we think, well, we don't need anything else cos we bought it last season... never never never believe that it ever stops... but it's such a joy, spending money on something so worthwhile \:D

4 season passes...

new jackets, pants, gloves, shovels, bindings... but we held back on the new skis till next season... sorry, couldn't give an estimate. living in the van on long ski trips saves a lot ;\)

Im having a bit of a delemma.

I could get the Assasin MTX pros or the Eric Pollards or the 1260's or the Chronics.

Basicly all round or Park - The Seth P's are still good for snowy days but NZ might be hard more of the time - but Im only skiing there for 2 months then Ill be doing 2 northen Hemisphere seasons....

I'm not sure yet but there are cheap cheap skis all over the internet and I think I will buy something.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPTAIN STAG! I let him stew for the last 2 and a half hours, looking on the internet, comparing prices, emailing stores online... but I had to wait till midnight! ;\)

He didn't get to decide in the end - I bought him the Pollards (186cm 118/86/111) so he can like it or lump it! \:D

Captain Stag says "Yatta!"

nice skis, i am now a fan of the line skis, good flex, good side cuts and design. will have to hear how they do next weekend. I thought that you were going after a park ski so I was going to say PE or line chronic/assasin or maybe the 4frnts which are nice.

Even if you get a free pass (thanks SJ) it still costs a bundle to get there, but it feels like it was completely for free suddenly.

my goal for next season: ski more spend less.

Oh oh oh oh my god...! Just added it all up and it comes to 216,000YEN - UH OH!!

skis & bindings 85,000 boots 60,000

pants 33,000 goggles 15,000

hakuba village pass 23,000

But definately worth it, still kickin the ass out of happo while there's still snow up there! Going to think of an inexpensive summer pursuit however, while waiting for the next season to start - any ideas??! \:\)

hey fattwins - captain stag won't find out how the pollards are cos i ordered them from the bcstore and had them shipped home to nz - too much stuff to take home already... they will debut during the nz 2005 season...

Costs about the same to ship to NZ as Japan. I suspect they cocked up and charged us less than ussual for shipping.

Since Im not doing anything at the moment I'll answer for her (likely incorrectly)

Her birthday is fairly soon (Im just a little bit older)

Hard to say what skis she needs, she is going to do ski instructor training so somehting that does well on firmer snow would be a plus. She has the fat skis and the park skis covered so something that fills in her quiver would be good. I reccon the line assasins 75 underfoot might be good but she thinks that they are a bit skinny. She likes the Mike Nicks but at 86 underfoot I'm not so sure that they will work well enough on firmer snow she may encounter in the exam.

Any suggestions?

As for fat skis we demoed quite a few different ones at Hachimantai and she realised how good the ones she owns are. Her seccond choice were the B3's.

shipping was only $70 - dunno if they made a mistake cos when jared was trying to price shipping (while i kept my dirty little secret to myself ;-) it come up with $160... so maybe i got lucky!

are you going to buy me some skis, fattwins? i don't know if your wife would like that lol.gif

mines near the end of may... i was going to get skis... i have some rossi axial bindings waiting for some friends, but i'll just ride out my old ones through Stage One, and not worry about it too much for now.

i haven't been a fan of women's skis... i tried the bandit X for women - far too mushy and soft for my liking... the b3 for women was kinda soft as well and skinnier underfoot (i think) than it's male counterpart. if it was my only ski, the b3 for women might be ok, but for the powder, my big stix win hands down. others i tried didn't make much of an impression. having said that, i do learn to love whatever ski i have... anyways, i'm rambling... if i did get a new ski, i wouldn't want anything too parky since i suck in the park... something 160ish, 70-85underfoot... a bit of side cut but not too much... not too light and chattery... i could go on and on...