Christmas Pressies - what are you gonna give

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
She likes all animals, but she'll love it! I wouldn't be going out with someone who would take offense at such a thing. She'll 'laugh her head off'.

I'm taking her to Paris as well, I didn't mention that did I? ;\)

No you didn't.
OK - so you are a good boyfriend!! I take it all back wink.gif
I LOVED Paris - great place.

It was my birthday on Saturday and I got an awsome pressie from my girlfriend. She gave me a 3 day trip with her to Niseko all inclusive! Really chuffed with that! I get back from Bali on the 4th Jan then straight up to Hokkaido that weekend for it! AWSOME!

The parents & in-laws are getting photobooks from Mini Me Tarzan. There is a cool little site called Blurb where you can make your own books and then they print them for you.

I've gotta buy the parents something & Me Tarzan'll sort out the in-laws from us.

Happy Birthday farquah \:D

Cheers,

Looking forward to some great diving over in Bali (friend is taking me to a semi secret sunfish spot! First time!) and hopefully have chance to go for a surf too, there for a friends wedding though.

Hoping to get class waves in Bali then top draw powder in Hokkers which will be my first time there! Shaping up to be a very nice crimbo indeed!

Indo, fair enough. The first 3 times we went were just great. We had friends who were connected to Amandari so we stayed there.

The last time was chaos. I had to bribe immigration people to get through instead of waiting 3 hours in line for a visa as you land. Then during the "holiday" we were walking along the streets after lunch and were accosted by a bunch of street monkeys. Frightened the hell outta my wife and I had to act really mindlessly violent so that we could walk away.

I won't ever go back there.

Having said that. I still need ideas for a pressie.

farquah, hokkas is just really relaxing. You don't need to do the epic 70 degree slopes to feel you've had a great time.

Hang in Big Cliff. Some real hairy surf dudes run that place and they cook there daily.

Thurs,

I've heard ya story so many times..

Acting violent will only get you stabbed by the silly Javo's.

Funny, you had to bribe to get thorough imm. I was offered the easy way last time!

You see the bad of any place when you hang around the tourist traps in any place. Where all the povo's come to extort $$$$.

Farq..

Where's your mates wedding?

Went to an awesome place up at Ulu Watu last year that has recently been built for Japanese weddings.. straight out of Home and gardens mag!

HEad over Sanur side and you'll have a great time..

We enjoyed Bali the one time we went (10 years ago) but since then a friend lost his wife (and her sister), the mother of his 2 kids in the first bombing. We feel unwilling to revisit it with that image in our heads, despite thinking the place and people were beautiful.

Thursday - you need a Christmas Gift? Give us a bit more info and lets see if we can't come up with the best idea ever....