Originally Posted By: AK 77
 Originally Posted By: samurai
A buddy of mine just got the fish. loves it. Says it's the most versatile powder board ever. Apparently the hardpack performance rocks.

Winner: Most sarcastic comment in thread.
Prize: A mogul skiing holiday in Eastern Europe.

My sarcasm sucks. I thought he said "fish". He's a pro racer and can keep up with me, so something's right. ;\)
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had the best noboarding day of my life \:\) \:\)

hit up my local resort here in Toyama for the morning and found that a run which they keep permanently closed was full of knee deep pow! I ran to the car and grabbed the noboard and hit it up. First run was the same as usual - falling lots and getting a tough workout. but then on the 2nd run, everything clicked and I was linking turns at speed and dropping pillows thumbsup.gif There was a whole section in the middle of bumpety bumps which I managed to slay without falling. I actually forgot I had no bindings! Anyways, so stoked today. It's so true when they say that if you made it down the mountain on a noboard, you made it down in style

Nice Kuma, I love to hear about personal progression sounds like your getting the noboard more dialed every time.

While I was home this past summer a buddy of mine brought his wakeskate to our place and we spent about 3 days beating ourselves silly. By the third day I was able to carve and link turns and some of my skater friends were pulling grabs and attempting kickflips and shovits. It took a lot more balance than a wakeboard and was super fun.

I just finished reading an article in Snowboard Canada about noboarding and must say I am very interesting. It seems like a further progression in sliding sideways.

Kuma, do you think you could use a smaller board and put the pad towards the back, further than the 3inch they recommend?

iina! I want to see that article. I've been told the photos are insane! thumbsup.gif

yes to your question. Ianbc rides a 164 regularly but uses a 152 for nb. He says the smaller board is easier to turn & can handle less deep snow. Everyone is going for the fishes. That said, there are guys with super long boards that totally rip.

yes the 155 mark seems to be the popular size, considering the fact thats what burton/NB are making for the first official NB.

kuma i mentioned about the guy riding the 175 or whatever is was, he now rides a small board too.

smaller is more fun, you don't have the same foot pressure to move your board as quickly as with bindings, less board makes it easier to move... within reason. I think.

Also dont be afraid to Tbolt you pad further back, to get your more nose and more stance option... again you don;t have the foot forces to lift your nose, so you gotta find it else where.

had another sick noboard day here in Toyama. Local resorts rock! thumbsup.gif

took it to the trees today and my friend Mabo got some cool shots of me (I think). will post them as soon as I get them off him. Had a sick line under one of the lifts with some make or break turns (if I didn't make them I'd break myself on a tree or on the lift post).

and finally, not noboard related, I nearly got my head chopped off by Mabo as he took a huge pillow straight on instead of slash-dropping it. Got a cool sequence of the board just missing the camera. lol.gif

i've been thinking about noboard design, and i would like to build my own, kinda like Wolle did. Except, i'd like to make a twin-tip, so that you could do shuvits and stuff in the pow.

Wake skates operate on basically the same principle as noboards, and i think that a longer wakeskate-shape would be perfect, reverse camber, reverse sidecut, and a low-profile tip and tail. Maybe about 150 to 155 cm long...

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
i've been thinking about noboard design, and i would like to build my own, kinda like Wolle did. Except, i'd like to make a twin-tip, so that you could do shuvits and stuff in the pow.

Wake skates operate on basically the same principle as noboards, and i think that a longer wakeskate-shape would be perfect, reverse camber, reverse sidecut, and a low-profile tip and tail. Maybe about 150 to 155 cm long...

bloody hell. this is going to get crazy soon with skate tricks on noboards.
i've seen vids of dudes doing shuvits and kickflips on the little snow-skateboards things in summer parks, but it's going to be mental seeing someone do tricks off natural terrain
 Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan

There are a few different types of wakeskates now. Last summer i rode one where the deck was elevated about and inch or 2. the bottom deck that actually rode on the water had more of the design your talking about. Reverse camber and reverse sidecut, and the top deck was basicly a large skateboard deck. I will see if I can find a pick and the company that makes it.