• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had the best morning here at a small elementary school. It snowed about 15cm last night so the kids were out in full force on the little ski hill. I looked out the window and saw the kids were riding their sleds standing up! Wicked! I thought, future noboarders thumbsup.gif

so I ran to my car and snagged the noboard and went and rode with them. They had all seen me on tv so they were all like 'no-bo-do! no-bo-do!' they all wanted a go lol.gif

It would have made a great photo but unfortunately had no camera and noone to shoot for me \:\(

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
I ran to my car and snagged the noboard and went and rode with them. They had all seen me on tv so they were all like 'no-bo-do! no-bo-do!' they all wanted a go lol.gif
It would have made a great photo but unfortunately had no camera and noone to shoot for me \:\(

sometimes you just can't be bothered with pictures.
but you'll remember playing with those kids that day for the rest of your life.

From a major snowboard mag's site, this announcement:

Burton and Noboard Partner

Burton and Noboard™ are proud to present the NoFish. Say yes to the no: it’s not a snowboard, it’s a Noboard. Based off a hybrid Burton Fish shape, the NEW NoFish is a board that combines speed, control and float with the freedom to move your feet, similar to the sensation of riding a skateboard or surfboard.

The original Burton Fish, co-created eight years ago by Terje Haakonsen and Burton Testing Supervisor John “JG” Gerndt, allowed for a smaller board to be ridden in deep powder due to its unique shape. The NoFish takes that concept one step further by replacing the traditional snowboard bindings with an engineered rubber composite pad that sits 3mm into the recessed topsheet. The board is a softer-flexing Fish hybrid that combines some elements of the Burton Fish, Malolo and Piranha shapes into one. The rope, a nylon bungee cord used to pull the board closer to the feet for control, can also be dropped for surf style riding.

Noboard founder Cholo Burns had this to say, “Noboarding is a refreshing, new, challenging and rewarding way to experience the mountains. It is a progression in the boardsports world, a new twist on an old idea, only possible with new technologies that snowboarding and Burton have brought forward in the last twenty years.”

“The partnership with Cholo and the Noboard posse makes sense. Burton is all about product development and working with the best riders in the world,” said JG. “By teaming up with Noboard we have brought two like-minded forces together. The NoFish is a testament to the innovative collaborations happening between our company and our ability to identify what’s happening in snow sports.”

In addition to the NoFish, Burton and Noboard have created an accessory pad. Sold separately, this pad, the same one found on the NoFish, can be adhered to any snowboard and is a great way to put an old board to use.

A percentage of sales from the NoFish will go to the Greg Todds Foundation. Greg, the originator of Noboard, passed away in an avalanche in 2005.

i didn't see that! i had a look at the burton catalogue yesterday (the shop was so proud to think that they were gonna suprise me with the news) and it looked just like a normal nopad. But the board looks like and old Burton Backhill! Thats kinda cool.

The 10man price tag on the fish however, sucks

Originally Posted By: samurai
A buddy of mine just got the fish. loves it. Says it's the most versatile powder board ever. Apparently the hardpack performance rocks.

Winner: Most sarcastic comment in thread.
Prize: A mogul skiing holiday in Eastern Europe.

Especially when they could order a genuine Noboard pad from someone cool... like Kuma! and buy an old season Fish from the auctions.

I didn't though. As I'm still trying to learn to snowboard.

Originally Posted By: klingon
More expensive than Kobe beef that.
Though why someone would buy "no fish" is anyones guess.

Interesting though

you'll be very surprised to hear the list of big name pros who noboard...