• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FT- I'm going to be very disappointed if you carry this trend beyond early/no-base season. Did you really give up your skis for a noboard on (what looked like) a sick deep day?

I understand that little off-piste is ridable now, but I can't wrap my head around choosing a noboard over pow-sticks on a deep day.

I can imagine taking my unborn child out for day in the park with a noboard, but I just can't get my head around an accomplished skier giving up a pow-day for a fricking noboard.

I know I'm way out of the loop here, and that's okay- I have no desire to ever pursue a trip with any noboarders- But I'm wondering, WTF? It's like I got drunk, went to the bar, and decided that all of that snow wasn't worth riding.

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
also, pricewise, it might be cheaper to t-bolt new inserts for the bungee than buying a whole new board.

i was going to say the exact same thing.

you could also poke new holes through the noboard pad and then get new holes drilled into the Fish. but i hear ya
 Originally Posted By: samurai
FT- I'm going to be very disappointed if you carry this trend beyond early/no-base season. Did you really give up your skis for a noboard on (what looked like) a sick deep day?

FT wasn't noboarding. it was me, kuma, and kuma's friend, a local ripper. but, like any good friend, FT was giving us the shize steezin' Noboards no for reazin'. what he said was true--you guys are gonna fall half way down the mt. and we did--in tracked up pow. hilarious good times.

I understand that little off-piste is ridable now, but I can't wrap my head around choosing a noboard over pow-sticks on a deep day.

I can imagine taking my unborn child out for day in the park with a noboard, but I just can't get my head around an accomplished skier giving up a pow-day for a fricking noboard.

Do you mean the snowpark or the neighborhood park next to swing sets? It's been said before: once you experience noboarding, you see the fun in laughing, having a good time with mates, and charging down the mt. People laughed at snowboarders in 1987 as well.

I know I'm way out of the loop here, and that's okay- I have no desire to ever pursue a trip with any noboarders- But I'm wondering, WTF? It's like I got drunk, went to the bar, and decided that all of that snow wasn't worth riding.

i'm lost here.
 Originally Posted By: Fattwins
Man did anyone read my TR? I was on the pontoons and the snow was almost too deep for those crazy sticks!

perhaps I should have waded through the novel. I just saw the shot of you carrying a noboard and my jaw dropped.

dizzy- I'm just taking the piss. I'm sure it's a good laugh with mates. to be honest, I made a noboard when I was 12 out of my Hosoi deck. it kinda worked. we laughed, anyway.

I still wouldn't give up a pow day though.
 Originally Posted By: Fattwins
Man did anyone read my TR? I was on the pontoons and the snow was almost too deep for those crazy sticks!

perhaps I should have waded through the novel. I just saw the shot of you carrying a noboard and my jaw dropped.

dizzy- I'm just taking the piss. I'm sure it's a good laugh with mates. to be honest, I made a noboard when I was 12 out of my Hosoi deck. it kinda worked. we laughed, anyway.

I still wouldn't give up a pow day though.

So what's a better buzz. Skateboarding or noboarding? You had one of those hammerhead Hosoi boards?
 Originally Posted By: tripitaka

So what's a better buzz. Skateboarding or noboarding? You had one of those hammerhead Hosoi boards?

Yeah, I used bungee cords through the truck holes and dremeled out the deck so they laid flush, then filled it with epoxy. We rode hills around the neighborhood.

skateboarding was definetely a better buzz. Not that a Hosoi deck is the best noboard. But when you're 12, you can ride anything.

My mom even drove us to one of the bigger hills across town. When we got out of the car, my "girlfriend" was at the top of the hill. We were so shy to ride our contraption in front of the ladies that we got back in the car and left.

the shock lives with me to this day. Now I ski.

you could try it if you have some expeience in other strapless board sports.

But only in the untracked. If you come across anything tracked or even packed a little, you have to know how to use your edges, and that takes snowboarding experience.

So does stopping, come to think of it.

Oh, and without a doubt, i love noboarding way more than sk8ing. Sk8ing is fun, but unless you have access to a nice, smooth, carvable bowl like Hastings in Vancouver, or Marsielles in France, it doesn't even come close.

Surfing might be a better comparison.

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
you could try it if you have some expeience in other strapless board sports.

But only in the untracked. If you come across anything tracked or even packed a little, you have to know how to use your edges, and that takes snowboarding experience.

So does stopping, come to think of it.

Oh, and without a doubt, i love noboarding way more than sk8ing. Sk8ing is fun, but unless you have access to a nice, smooth, carvable bowl like Hastings in Vancouver, or Marsielles in France, it doesn't even come close.

Surfing might be a better comparison.

That's what I expected. I suppose noboarding is something that advanced snowboarders would enjoy when they want a different poweder experience.