• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sick kuma..

first airs were done down the dam lines years back. maybe 2.

It may be a bitch to get in Japan but if you can get the fall 07 issue of Snowboard Canada there is a really really good feature on the noshred. the pics will make you poop...

If some ones pays my ticket Ill bring out a box of that issue..any takers?

oh yah, I was filmed last night explaining all about the noboard. It's going to be on tv toyama tonight at 6:15 lol.gif

I hope I don't look too stupid. I've got some pics from teh interview that I'll put up tonight when i get home.

Originally Posted By: AK 77

Is this the first nobaord air in Japan?

Oyuki Kigan at Happo on November 23rd 2007

ps. How can I embed this here... if that is the right word?

Good one! Smooth as. What's with the reaction from the Japanese guys though? They don't seem like they're into it.
 Originally Posted By: Kumapix
nah, they were into it. One guy had a bum knee and didn't really get into much, the other guy had a screaming run.

OK, just the "yabai" kind of made me wonder. It didn't look too threatening.

i always get yelled that whenever i ride a board. I 'sugoi' every once in a while would be nice...

I'm also not 100% sure that most Japanese snowboarders understand that the function of a snowboard is to generate a feeling of 'fun', rather than a feeling of 'kakko ii'.

Yabai, Kuma beat me too it.

Yabai, means wrong and bad, but as you should be able to tell from the slightly awestruck tone of voice, it means bad meaning good here, or as we say in snow-toungues 'sick'.

One of the 'yabai's might be from me in agreement with them.

I too think Ben is wrong and bad.

I would most often use 'yabai' when witnessing some sick skater who is making ricidulously hard tricks look easy.

That sh#t is wrong / That was sick (in admiring awestruck stoked but playfully jealous tones) = yabai.

Originally Posted By: AK 77
I would most often use 'yabai' when witnessing some sick skater who is making ricidulously hard tricks look easy.
That sh#t is wrong / That was sick (in admiring awestruck stoked but playfully jealous tones) = yabai.

That explanation puts it in perspective. In the Christian Hosoi doco I watched the other day, CH's christ airs are definitely more 'yabai' than Tony Hawk's trick, trick, trick, trick robot routine (with no dsrespect to Mr. Hawk).