Ahhhh....I did it! (and went a bit overboard)

got set up with some new gear...I want you all to know that this should greatly increase the amount of snow fall this season...

my new gear:

Boots: Salomon Course XR Japan

Skiis: Volkl V-Explosive (120-95-112)

v_explosive.jpg

Bindings: Salomon S912Ti

Poles: Smith Srant-Z

kind of got excited...only planned on the boots, but I think gandalf put a spell on me...

bring on the snow!!!

danz

its about time skis looked good too dont you think. good choices danz. Remember that they will turn differently so relax the first day as you try to figure them out.

And as I was writing my g3 skins came along with some avie gear. yeah clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Ok OK WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET SOME NEW TELE SKIS!!!!!!!I"M DYING HERE AND IT"S SNOWING EVERYDAY! ANyplace within a few hundred kms will do please!!!!! I'm in Shonai, Yamagata. Help me!!!!!!

Well my store sells both K2 and Blackdiomond tele skis. But Gifu is quite a bit south from Yamagata. Well probably a few hundred km's

But why not use a regular downhill ski. Try the 1080. Its pretty light. And a good allmountain ski. And the new ones come in something larger than a 180.

Yeah, teledude, I second the alpine gear reccomendation. When I skied Alta, most tele-ers were on alpine boards. a favorite was the bandit xxx (now the b3, maybe?) - foamcore and fat. Here's a pic of I guy I worked with on Alta's website:

04.26.03.jpg

Maybe he's changed skis?!? Anyway, I saw a lot of people riding on Atomics, too. Maybe if I gain some inheritance or something, I can get set up with new alpine AND tele gear. Otherwise, I gotta stick with my 10 year old skinny bump skis as tele skis... :rolleyes:

oh yeah, I forgot to mention I am way jealous of you, danz. Where did you get your V explosive's? They don't sell them new here in Japan this year. What's even worse, they don't market the volkl v-pro in a 190 here. GRRRRRRR! Why couldn't Japanese people do like Americans - eat McDonalds for 2 meals a day, get fat and need the stability of a longer ski?!? wakaranai.gif

hehe...think I grabbed the last pair from minami sports (kanda/jimbocho area)...last year model so got a good price on it (at least compared to the new breed of fatties)...I am riding a 180...and that seems like a lot of ski to me now (only 2years ago I was on skinny 195s!!!)

danz

190s are for big guys and alaska. Jus cause its bigger doesnt make it better. a 190 pow ski on 300 meter vert hils are a waste.

Good deal I found the gotamas for 64000 in Osaka still to pricy for a ski that is by far not anything other than a pow ski.

teledude buy b3s nice and light. I gave you the info to find shops did you not use it?

my good buddy Oufreeski2 wanted these posted so before I head to work Ill pop this on there. 04scratchbczm.gif

bindings

302.jpg pretty much what he bought although I think the binding color is different.

PS I dont like the color of this ski but I really want to ride it. should be one hell of a ski.

Fatt, sorry, I think I lost that info here. Wanna try again? I've been on Rossi B3s 2s, and a few other rossis, K2s both Tele and alpine and I still can't find that sweet spot. I'm pretty light and like a lighter ski. The only thing I've found are Tuas which went under this year. the flex is just perfect for me. Alpine skis have to be weighted a little different for me. I was thinking of driving up to Akita or down to Nagano for a weekend and some shopping.